Gaskill's Hop Shop: "Dead Little Dove"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, i agree stretch. actually i'm getting some slip in the chain, so i might at a rear derailer in there or something. it def needs just something there to compliment it. if ya got any suggestions hit me up!

i think it needs to have 696 on it, like on the headlight turned speedo(im guessing thats what it is), the name Dead Little Dove, the speed shop name, and sponsers along with your name.

not a derailer...too new of a part,

it needs an old clutch pedal spring and a lever with a wheel on it(from the dreailer)to tension the chain

needs to be a mechanical looking device to engage the centrifugal drive wheel
maybe with a handle

Okay Gaskill, Check it out. I just looked at a chain tensioner using a valve handle fabbed up with threads. It may be what you are looking for. I took some pics of the bike.
Tetnusshot002.jpg
The red valve at the drive chain. Josephine and Dove are without a doubt works of art. I would be very content to have them in an area where I could just sit and chill and marvel the eye candy. About time for you to set up a gallery!

Adam, your work just blows me away! As a fan of the Steampunk genre I am absolutly in love the the 'Dove!! As a co-incidence I heard a report on the radio this morning about Charles Babbage. He must be in your family tree! Anyone who appreciates Adam's kind of work check this out: http://www.computerhistory.org/babbage/ Your blogspot is cool and your bikes are cooler!! :mrgreen: Thanks for sharing your artistry with us!

when do we get to see it in motion? i like the horns turned velocity stack like air cleaners well done

if you could find a neat place to hide batteries and as basic a controller as possible, and switch to a front freewheeling front sprocket, it looks like you could hide a hub motor in the middle wheel. then you could insist that it's a perpetual motion machine. pedal once, flick a switch or something, and let people wonder why it keeps going.

do you have any pics with someone riding it?? i love to see how streamline the rider is :)

I love delving back in the archives and following this build.
Awesome free flowing creativity!
I bet at no time during your build did you stop and think. "Oh man, that's too much. I should pull that doodad off of there."
What a rolling work of art!!!!!

Twelve years later and this bike still pops up on social media from people that are amazed by it.

1635901184999.png

Latest posts

Back