GARUDA BHARAT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how the e-bike wheel came out. I still have to fill the gaps between the spokes . I have some ideas we will see what will work and what does not work
IMG-20190519-WA0004.jpg

youll defenitly need to tighten them more , untill there is no curves in the spokes ,i use to over twist them manually to make a sharp bend so the rest of the spoke is nice and straight . or just ride,tight,ride, tight etc untill is alright

youll defenitly need to tighten them more , untill there is no curves in the spokes ,i use to over twist them manually to make a sharp bend so the rest of the spoke is nice and straight . or just ride,tight,ride, tight etc untill is alright

thanks for your advise . I thought something might not be perfect since I am doing this for the first time, but can you be a bit more specific with your quote:

" until there is no curves in the spokes ,i use to over twist them manually to make a sharp bend so the rest of the spoke is nice and straigh"

Do you have an example of this instruction ??

This is one of the many youtube Movies i have watched.

Thanks, that's why I couldn't find it - since in Poland we call it "Pajęczynka" and there ar no instructables titled that way:bigsmile:

Will come in handy in future builds!

thanks for your advise . I thought something might not be perfect since I am doing this for the first time, but can you be a bit more specific with your quote:

" until there is no curves in the spokes ,i use to over twist them manually to make a sharp bend so the rest of the spoke is nice and straigh"

Do you have an example of this instruction ??
what i ment is you can make the twist tighter (a sharp bend) that way the spoke is nice and straight before and after the bend so it hold tension better
if you have a curve in the spoke apart from where it is crossing , its a spot that will eventually straighten , and you will have to re-tight it

what i ment is you can make the twist tighter (a sharp bend) that way the spoke is nice and straight before and after the bend so it hold tension better
if you have a curve in the spoke apart from where it is crossing , its a spot that will eventually straighten , and you will have to re-tight it

thanks for the explanation / clarity

It's fun watching your builds come together. Always out of the ordinary, but cool.

Sick engine!

Latest posts

Back