GarageBicycleBuilder Lisbon Portugal! Cadillac painted!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Humble garage bicycle builder - Lisbon!

Thank you outskirtscustoms!

That green one was very crazy(remember it's my first)! When you turned the rear wheel turned too so it was a funny riding.
Because of that when you could handle her better it was very interesting because she had an unique way to ride that you had to control and understand.

From the bikes that I shown here the only one that I never drove is Lucifer
IMG_6518.jpg

and I really think she wouldn't like to be driven...lol

No, is just because of that front end the angle is absurd and just gets too much presure on the direccion axis.

I never even tried, I'm not saying that is impossible, I think she could handle my weight...

The other ones are all very good and easy to drive.

Cheers

Re: Humble garage bicycle builder - Lisbon!

For some time I was thinking If I should or not put my blogue in here...but I'm seeing that people are enjoying my work:
my bicycles and designs so I don't see no harm in sharing my amateur design with all of you.

oficinadedesign2rodas.blogspot.com

Just this mounth I put all of my bicycles there, 14teen of them, before there were only motorcycles drawings.

Enjoy and feel free to comment!!

(it is in portuguese but soon I'll tranlate it)

Cheers

Re: Humble garage bicycle builder- Lisbon! Now with the Blogue!*

Hello everyone!

New bike, just finished her yesterday, it was a project that I had in "hibernation" for quite some time, now it's done!

What do you think?

DSCN0775diminuidaparanet.jpg

DSCN0767diminuidaparanet.jpg

DSCN0765diminuidaparanet.jpg

DSCN0776diminuidaparanet.jpg

It rides very well, like a old british bicycle;)

Cheers

Well, it seems I'm alone in this topic but I'll keep my monologue...

Finished painting the "mantis" one by lacquering and today I took some pictures of her not complete but almost
(as always because of the insufficient funds)
and now I'll show to who ever comes to see it and doesn't say nothing about it...

Here it goes:

louvaadeus.jpg

louvaadeus1.jpg

louvaadeus2.jpg

louvaadeus3.jpg

louvaadeus4.jpg

louvaadeus5.jpg

louvaadeus6.jpg

Did some test-driving...not bad, not bad. Goes very well on the curves, not heavy, not excessively long or low
and very much though structure.

But unfortunately I'm not satisfied, I'll have to change the bars to a bit more open style to be more
confortable for the arms and hands, and I'll change the fork to be more a continuation of the frame design.

So soon more pictures arrive!

Cheers!

Great work man! I'm digging the 'tank' on this one, really unique, I've never seen anything like it!

I also love the geometry of the white bike (sorry, I didnt see a name for it) just before this one. I'd love to try to ride it!

Thank you strings and steam!!

Yé the idea of the tank started from thinking about "treliça" frames like ducati motorcycles use,
but as I was doing it, it became a "Tank" :D (I started the all bike there)

I always have an idea about a bike that I'm starting, but is never limitative, I'm always open to some
errors or spontaneous ideas that come in the moment of building. There are the precious ones to me, the ones that come
from the exact moment of seeing things getting shape...

The white one has you called her, is really her real name!! :lol:
I think is very appropriate the white color, you should see that frame without wheels...it seems like it's going to fly!! :D
And it rides like a old british bicycle, very tall the seat and very close to the bars, I've been riding very much with her now
and she is really comfy, very close all together design.

Cheers mate and thank for the compliment!

Again:

Strings and steam from the bike that you have on your "avatar": does it really ride? or is more of a joke and very soon
you get tired, because I saw that type of bike before and I don't know if it really works good, like, can you ride it every day
and don't get like crazy? :)

Howsoever, I saw her topic, and she seems really well done!!
So, good work you too;)!

essenciaaa said:
Again:

Strings and steam from the bike that you have on your "avatar": does it really ride? or is more of a joke and very soon
you get tired, because I saw that type of bike before and I don't know if it really works good, like, can you ride it every day
and don't get like crazy? :)

Howsoever, I saw her topic, and she seems really well done!!
So, good work you too;)!

It's a swing bike, a 're-design' made by America's Bike Company in 2009. My avatar isa pic of it 'swung' waaay out to one side, but yes, you can ride it that way. It's a 26" balloon tire bike, and is just as comfortable as any crusier bike I've ever ridden. The only thing to get used to is the swing action of the frame, ballancing is different than on a normal bike with the extra pivot. But once you figure it out, it's not too bad at all, and opens up a lot of possibilities for tricks and fun ways to steer (I've gotten into the habbit of almost exclusively rear-wheel steering on it). I have so much more fun on this bike than I do on a 'normal' cruiser, and get lots of looks from folks, I've scared some elderly pretty bad, notably an old woman who thought my 'bike was broken'. :mrgreen: If you havn't already done so, check out the 'swing king' link in my signature for more pics and such. Thanks for the interest and compliments!

Really nice work. I especially like that Mantis. Looks like it would be fun to ride.

Hello everyone!

Changes on the white one:

brancapikenapanet3.jpg

brancapikenapanet2.jpg

brancapikenapanet1.jpg

brancapikenapanet.jpg

Very much better driving and seems like a circus bike!! :D

Always liked to drive bikes with straight back, seems like you are on a throne!

Thank you blackwell;)

Strings and steam you're making me wanna do something like that :D !!!

Cheers everyone!

Greetings every one!

Finally a new bike!
A "little one" for every day life:

DSCN1898.jpg

DSCN1876.jpg

DSCN1885.jpg

DSCN1801.jpg

DSCN1892.jpg

I was thinking about making one like the "fixed gears" that are all over now, but I went to the
26's wheels that I already had in the garage and that obligates the frame to be more large...
The fork was shortened for the tire to be more close to the frame.

Almost seems that "she" prefered this bars:
iso-8859-1QCF3pia_de_DSCN1732-1.jpg

but I don't like to run so low;)

The tube is 22mm wide so the bike is very thin and light.
It's very cool to drive because it's tall and with this bars the back is straight.

Waht do you think?

BOLLOCKS!

NOBODY LIKES IT!

=(

Yes it's not a low rider nor a chopper or a easy rider but it's made totally from scratch!

The design is not so unique because it was the first one that I wanted to be subtle
rather then obviously home-made. And the color is thinking about Fixed-Gear's...

Can somebody please say something about this little bicycle?

Even if it is to say it's ...., I would like to know.

Cheers to every one!

I like your rear dropout arrangement, and the mounting of the rear stays, but after that, the angle of the top tube looks like someone put the wrong fork and wheels on a common diamond frame. A little... shall I say... poopish. :p

that last one is my favorite. it flies in the face of the current sloping top tube trend and looks mean. I'd ride that for sure.

Great Work... I like how you make your own handle bars...Good Job

Thanks! :)

Deorman, perhaps just riding the bike could you understand that it works! and it works like in a unique way.

I understand that supposedly it doesn't match the front with the rear but I think that's the thing of this bike.
That ironic factor that the front is asking the super-sport handlebars but it takes another, higher and large,
to get that riding cool feeling. I think i like the opposites together! Riding the bike you would understand;)

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
that last one is my favorite. it flies in the face of the current sloping top tube trend and looks mean. I'd ride that for sure.

Yé, the same thing! :)
I have to put those handlebars and take some pictures to put in here...

norcokid said:
Great Work... I like how you make your own handle bars...Good Job

Thanks norcokid! The more things I do, by myself, on the bike the more she will mean and be unique;)

Cheers (the bicycle is getting some love, join the caravan! lol)

Just two more photos:

DSCN1905piki.jpg

DSCN1903piki.jpg

I got her a new seat today that this photos still don't show,
tomorrow I will take some new pictures;)

I can see that it's nicely shaped and proportioned in functional terms, just doesn't appeal to me stylistically. :|

deorman because of you I felt almost the duty to see how the bicycle would be with this bars,
so now it is the moment of truth! :D

I'm so surprised of enjoying riding her like this that I think for some time(as long has my back holds)
I'll keep it like this!

It's like you are in a race, in the position of attack. Never thought I would like it, but really do! :D

It's seeming more like a Fixed isn't it? ah ah
(of course I know that to be a fixed gear has to have the rear wheel "locked" to the bracket
and doesn't have gears and usually no brakes, so I'm talking just about the visual side of it.)

DSCN1934.jpg

DSCN1945.jpg

DSCN1954.jpg

DSCN2060.jpg

DSCN2054.jpg

DSCN2103.jpg

DSCN2112.jpg

DSCN2120.jpg

DSCN2124.jpg

Some upgrade in the front wheel too :D something I saw in some fixed gear video.

Maybe some time, who knows, I will convert my self to the fixed gear movement :lol:

So now does it have more fans?

Cheers everyone!

Latest posts

Back