Fun with curves

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job 1horsepower, while i cannot do the bb there, and the middle bar won't work in that location it does look cool.... I wanna think about it some more:) who knows this might be the beginning of some collaborations for us ::)

Ttyl

Rich

RichL said:
Nice job 1horsepower, while i cannot do the bb there, and the middle bar won't work in that location it does look cool.... I wanna think about it some more:) who knows this might be the beginning of some collaborations for us ::)

Ttyl

Rich
who knows! :wink: as you wish , iam not short on ideas :mrgreen:

I was looking at custom motorcycles this morning , and guess what i found ? look at the frame :wink:
Hot%2BRod%2BBicycle%2BCUSTOM.jpg

Looks a tad bit like that frame you drew up :mrgreen: So we at least we know that it works :wink:
I hope to get a chance to go into the garage today and play around some, Easter plans may get in the way though... this job thing is really getting in the way of playing time in the garage also :roll:

I used to do lots of photography, I have a couple of canon camera dslr bodies and a number of white lens... I am thinking of keeping a couple of the bodies and lens than selling the white lens... the money raised will purchase a metal lathe and mill and some left over for some tooling... my garage still has some room in it 8) gotta make maximum use of all floor space. Cleaning it out this spring is going to become a priority now, 3 bays, even with the tools I have should be enough for a full woodshop, metalshop and a small construction business.
When this last construction boom is over Raleigh NC for me, I am hoping to buy some land and build a 2 story house, the first floor 30-60, all garage, the second, living space... than wind it down, slow the pace up and slowly work into retirement pace.

Back to bike building :wink:

Peace

Rich

I just ordered some 1" tubing, I will be using them on the front forks. I like the monarch springer design, than Uncle Stretch is playing around with his own version of custom forks, think I have some ideas for something along those lines.

As for the frame, I never was to comfortable with the direction of the frame I was going, I have changed it up some over the last few weeks, as I got some free time to play in the garage... should be some progress pictures tomorrow 5:07AM in the morning here right now 8)
I just finished a paid job, a sunroom, lots of moldings, tile floor, and round stairs (with custom built nosing and tile). I did not get paid near enough for the amount of work and detail that went into the job, but it came out nice, hopefully I get some more work soon.

More pictures and progress as time allows.

(I cut up the musclebike frame today, never liked the feel of that one, tried to tame it several different ways, just never worked too well... lesson learned... build something else)

peace

rich

tell me what you are using for a tube bender?? I have a project on the go, have a guy who'll do the bending for me, but I'd much rather do it myself, like the hands on approach rather than trusting someone else to interpret my designs.

appreciate your help :)

Another test...
20131004_122343_zpsda0fc3c7.jpg

Determined to work my way thru this... Lots of pics of a new frame i am working on.
A pile of bones :lol:
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y484/Rich_Levy/20131004_122336_zps9a753bcc.jpg[\img]
Rich

neophile said:
tell me what you are using for a tube bender?? I have a project on the go, have a guy who'll do the bending for me, but I'd much rather do it myself, like the hands on approach rather than trusting someone else to interpret my designs.

appreciate your help :)
I know this is an older message and i do sincerely hope you found the answers you were looking for:)... But if you have not, i am just using a simple harbor freight roll bender for the longer sloping bends and a jd2 tubing bender for the tighter bends:)

Good luck with creating your designs!

Rich

Darn... I had 5 pics up earlier today of the design and some early mockup shots... I'll see about getting them up again... sorry

Back at it again:)[
Start with a pile ofmbones
20131004_122336_zpsb9b072f4.jpg

Work together a design
20131004_121837_zps990017ab.jpg

Than figure out how to make the pieces look like the design :)
20131005_112034_zps0364de63.jpg

20131005_115139_zps5c0e92bb.jpg

20131005_115306_zpsc36cd358.jpg

Its now just a matter of cutting and welding all the pieces together. Normally i would just bend the complex radius for the downtube but i do not have any 1.25" dies for my jd2 tubing bender, so i used the harbor freightmtubing roller to make the tight radius you see. In a couple of daysni hopemto have some more time to play... More pics than!

Rich

You are the greatest cheerleader for anything to do with rat bikes luke :lol:
Thanks for the support
Some progress pics ofmthe bike... Cantelever frames are a challenge, this is my 2nd bike

20131016_134026_zps74ccafdd.jpg

20131016_141548_zps824d0036.jpg

20131016_141612_zpsaae169d3.jpg

20131016_144443_zps5713c864.jpg

Hope you enjoyed

Rich

Latest posts

Back