FULL TILT BOOGIE (7/31-driveway detail pics!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FULL TILT BOOGIE (7/8- naked,tanked & shifty!)

That is a killer rat bike for sure. I love the shifter and especially the rear fender.

Love the design and parts so far. You know what you're doing when making a rat rod. :mrgreen:

Looks good naked :mrgreen:

Lookin' good Man 8) 8)

Skipton said:
Looking good!

What else you got to show us. :wink:
well skip,since you asked......how about FULL FRONTAL NUDITY! :lol: what i mean is the front fork has been stripped,rebuilt and is now mounted,along with the front wheel,stem and bars. hopefully i take some pics on sunday.

Re: FULL TILT BOOGIE (7/22- frontal nudity!)

finally got the front end on this beast and its on the ground. :D i straightened the fork, then stripped it and clear coated it. i also sectioned the truss rods 1-1/4" and had to fab some lower rockers out of 1/8"steel. i went with an old deco style stem to go with the 4" stretched bars. no "hunched over"bike this year! :lol: all thats left is to throw some lights on it,grips,kickstand,tank and make a decision on which saddle to use. heres a few pics before the finished ones.
DSCN3769.jpg
DSCN3773.jpg
DSCN3785.jpg
DSCN3781.jpg
DSCN3777.jpg
DSCN3789.jpg

Re: FULL TILT BOOGIE (7/22-last update before.....)

Looks awesome man!!!!!!!!
Hard to believe we share the same forks. We took them different directions. Did you use the nylon nuts on your? It did the trick on mine.
Sweet sweet ride you built,

Wow...just wow!! :shock: Looks awesome all shiney! :mrgreen:

Simply gorgeous hot rod :shock:

Amazing looking bike!!! A contender for sure!!!!! I totally wanted to go in this direction. Congrats on a terrific machine!!!

You know what, I love this bike. It's very cool. And you know, the way you placed that rear fender seems like it would help make it more stream-lined and reduce drag, really it does.

kingfish254 said:
Hard to believe we share the same forks. We took them different directions. Did you use the nylon nuts on your? It did the trick on mine.
thanks brian, and yes the nylon nut spacer did the trick! everything works perfect now,and im only out $1.24! :lol:

texasbigjon said:
kingfish254 said:
thanks brian, and yes the nylon nut spacer did the trick! everything works perfect now,and im only out $1.24! :lol:

Cool! Also, if the beehive spring ends up being to soft, you can replace it with a regular springer spring. That's what I did and it supports my FA just fine.

Another classic, all of your builds have a really pleasing to the eye as well as a solid rider look to them. Can't wait to see the finished reveal.

Latest posts

Back