FULL TILT BOOGIE (7/31-driveway detail pics!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FULL TILT BOOGIE 5/23 update

well, i got a little bit of work done. since im not gonna go the big rubber route this year, i figured why not just stuff a big fender out back instead! :wink: i took a deep monark front fender and rolled it down so that i could incorporate the fender indents into the chainline,so as to only make one cut in the fender. then i shortened the bottom of the fender about 4" to keep it off of the ground. i seem to be running the same crank/sprocket combo as yeshoney,a chrome dogleg with a cwc/wflyer sprocket. im thinking about using the bars shown,but if i do i will add 4" to each side for more pullback. the grips are setting right about where they would be after the extensions.ive got a cool little swiss made "lucifer" headlight that will make a nice teardrop taillight,and a nice old farm implement lever to use for the suicide shifter setup later on. i still have to fab up some lower rocker plates for the forks,and shorten the truss rods. thats all for now from page 3! :lol:
DSCN3742.jpg
DSCN3736.jpg
DSCN3746.jpg
DSCN3738.jpg
DSCN3727.jpg
DSCN3730.jpg

That's a wicked looking machine! Love the rear fender. Looks fast, even on the stand.

I love this build!!!!!!!

Nice...diggin' the fender! 8) 8)

This is getting interesting 8)

The bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

take it easy fellas....i always take a 4 week nap during these buildoffs! :lol: soon, very soon.

texasbigjon said:
take it easy fellas....i always take a 4 week nap during these buildoffs! :lol: soon, very soon.

Is it soup yet?

texasbigjon said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYzidMqq4o

Cool, I look forward to Sunday Sunday Sunday!!!!

Re: FULL TILT BOOGIE (7/8- naked,tanked and shifty!)

my summer hibernation is over, and its back to building! :lol: the `53 roadmaster frame and monark front fender were stripped clean and clear coated. i built up a wheelset using original paint rims laced to a nexus 3spd in the rear,and a dull grey new departure for the front. both wheels are running grey felt quick brick tires.the tank i borrowed off of my other old roadmaster,cause they matched the color of the rims. the shifter is from h.b.b.c., with a cut down farm machinery lever for a handle. tuesday i`ll strip the fork and fab up some rockers for it,and take some pics of the finished truss rods and the stretched bars. heres a few pics i squeezed in between rain showers! :wink:
DSCN3753.jpg
DSCN3765.jpg
DSCN3762.jpg
DSCN3761.jpg
DSCN3760.jpg
DSCN3758.jpg

Re: FULL TILT BOOGIE (7/8- naked,tanked & shifty!)

Spun it around on us a bit; this looks like a whole other build !, but still like the direction 8)

Welcome back!!
I love the work you have done to this!
Shifter and tank are WAY cool!!!
I don't think I have seen gray tires before. Very sharp.
Stil love that BA Fender!

Here comes a sleeper from around the corner boys!!!!!! Hang on!!!

Man, that red-striped white rim takes me back. 8) Summer buzz cut, runnin' through the sprinkler in shorts, burnin' leaves in the ditch, drivin' dirt-n-gravel into my bloody chin at the end of an epic leap and skid :shock: :x :cry: . :lol:

Latest posts

Back