Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Chain Clearance Question

FatBoy said:
Im sure allready know that the stock OCC frame have the chainstays and BB offset to the chain side so the chain will clear.Just sayin check twice,weld once :mrgreen:

Worth measuring an unmolested frame (I don't have one), I never noticed an offset.

FatBoy said:
Im sure allready know that the stock OCC frame have the chainstays and BB offset to the chain side so the chain will clear.Just sayin check twice,weld once :mrgreen:

Actually they don't have any offset at all on the OCC. I just did some measurements on the un-chopped OCC that I have and the cranks are equidistant from the frame centerline. Also the chainstays are equidistant from the frame centerline.

kingfish254 said:
FatBoy said:

Actually they don't have any offset at all on the OCC. I just did some measurements on the un-chopped OCC that I have and the cranks are equidistant from the frame centerline. Also the chainstays are equidistant from the frame centerline.

Glad you measured, I wasn't going to say anything, but everything looked centered to me, now I can say that with confidence. haha

The only reason I noticed it on the one I have is because I boxed in the top 3" of the rear chain stays and pre drilled holes in the center so I could relocate my seat post.But when I went to weld them in the holes weren't lined up in the in the middle of the tire maybe the offset was only done on the first gen OCC bikes .Anyway keep up the good work,these Beach bikes look like FUN!

I am going to have to make a trip to the local Harley dealer and see if I can snag a couple of used 16x130mm tires. Josh and Outlaw are using them on the OCC rims and they look SICKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32378810@N07/6105120696/

kingfish254 said:
I am going to have to make a trip to the local Harley dealer and see if I can snag a couple of used 16x130mm tires. Josh and Outlaw are using them on the OCC rims and they look SICKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!
HEY I MIGHT HAVE TO SNAG ONE FOR MY CHOPPER!! THAT IS CRAZY!! BUT WILL THE BRAKES STILL WORK?!? YOU CWAZY WRATTERS AND YA CWAZY IDEAS!! I LOVE IT...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

We'll have to check with Josh and his BoB chopper. He extended the brake lever arms.

By the way, looks like I am getting free admission to the Savannah Craft Brew Fest with BEER RUN!
Maybe I should change the name to FREE BEER!

yoothgeye said:
... Final Jeopardy Music ... :|

Tell me about it. My co-worker with the welder has had too much going on to even touch my bike.
Basically it has put Fugsley on hold. I finished grinding down the OCC BB to prep for welkding.
There really isn't much else I can do without a welder though.
I might try to hit up the local Harley shop for some of those 16/130 tires.

In the meantime I have been having fun with BEER RUN this weekend using it to win free beer and $200 in LBS money.
Also been concentrating on some flip bikes. Sold an early BMX (paid $40 sold $350 without putting a wrench or rag to it).

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
... Final Jeopardy Music ... :|

Tell me about it. My co-worker with the welder has had too much going on to even touch my bike.
Basically it has put Fugsley on hold. I finished grinding down the OCC BB to prep for welkding.
There really isn't much else I can do without a welder though.
I might try to hit up the local Harley shop for some of those 16/130 tires.

In the meantime I have been having fun with BEER RUN this weekend using it to win free beer and $200 in LBS money.
Also been concentrating on some flip bikes. Sold an early BMX (paid $40 sold $350 without putting a wrench or rag to it).

Yeah, I've been reading about your winnings and dreaming about being able to flip around here... I have trouble GIVING bikes away, literally.

I picked up a Trek 7300 that is in like new shape off of craigslist today for only $60. This one is going to be an easy wash, photos, and repost. Probably get $250-$300 for it. Also just fixed a shifter on a 6 year old Specialized Hardrock, just need to clean it up and post it (paid $40 hope to sell around $200-250).

flipping bikes sounds like a fun way to make some spare cash. I hope you get what you're wanting off those two.
also, if you dont have any luck at the Harley shops, try some of the smaller ones that deal with foreign bikes. Stively's, where i got my tires, seem to deal with anything but HD.

josh_from_ga said:
flipping bikes sounds like a fun way to make some spare cash. I hope you get what you're wanting off those two.
also, if you dont have any luck at the Harley shops, try some of the smaller ones that deal with foreign bikes. Stively's, where i got my tires, seem to deal with anything but HD.

Is that a scooter tire? How much did you pay and was is new or used?

yoothgeye said:
josh_from_ga said:

Is that a scooter tire? How much did you pay and was is new or used?

It's a big boy motorcycle tire and I believe Josh got it for free!!!!!
The front tire on this Aerosmith Harley is the same size.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogall ... cycles.jpg

There are a few other builds that are using similar tires with OCC rims.
I have got to get down to my Harley dealer this week.

@kingfish: Yes, indeed, it was used and free. Mr. Stively gave me two tires. He has to pay to dispose of them, so he was happy to save a few dollars.Now i have a spare in case happens to the first.

josh_from_ga said:
@kingfish: Yes, indeed, it was used and free. Mr. Stively gave me two tires. He has to pay to dispose of them, so he was happy to save a few dollars.Now i have a spare in case happens to the first.

Excellent, good to know, I have a friend with a close connection to our Harley shop and another friend who is a long time mechanic at the other motorcycle dealership in town and he already gets me free tubes and other stuff. I will get him the information... what size again?

I bet you could ride this tire with no air in it on a bicycle.

yoothgeye said:
Excellent, good to know, I have a friend with a close connection to our Harley shop and another friend who is a long time mechanic at the other motorcycle dealership in town and he already gets me free tubes and other stuff. I will get him the information... what size again?

I bet you could ride this tire with no air in it on a bicycle.
what i have is a 130/90-16. the shop owner explained to me the numbers mean a 16" tire, 130mm wide, and 90% of that tall. no air would probably be great in the sand, but it wasn't great on the road. When i rode to waffle house( favorite restaurant) i had let too much air out of it. it felt like it was dragging on the brakes even though there was enough clearance. i think there was just too much rubber on the road. there might've been 2-5psi, low enough it didnt move the needle on my foot pump enough to notice.

Good to know that motorcycle tires are sized just like car tires, I already broke that code years ago! haha I went to my friend at the motorcycle shop yesterday and he gave me a slick 130/90-16, it says "Harley Davidson" on the sidewall, but it says "rear fitment only" it looks taller/skinnier than yours. I haven't held it beside my chopper rim yet, but I'll see. He told me he would find me more, and I will also look at other 16" tires, maybe a knobby dirtbike tire would look cool, would suck in sand, but might look BEAST!

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Motorcycle Tires

I delivered the 1976 Mossberg BMX today (paid $40 sold for $350 without even wiping it off). On the way back, I stopped off at the Harley dealer and loaded up a few different tires. They had them by their dumpster and told me to take whatever I wanted. I even got a fat whitewall. Some of these might not work, but for free it's worth a try. Photos and sizes to follow.

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Motorcycle Tires

kingfish254 said:
I delivered the 1976 Mossberg BMX today (paid $40 sold for $350 without even wiping it off). On the way back, I stopped off at the Harley dealer and loaded up a few different tires. They had them by their dumpster and told me to take whatever I wanted. I even got a fat whitewall. Some of these might not work, but for free it's worth a try. Photos and sizes to follow.

Since you have a spare rim, you do all the sizing for me, when you find something I like, then I'll actually do something. haha

Latest posts

Back