Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Rear Frame Mockups

yoothgeye said:
All I have to say is this: Triangles, triangles, triangles, triangles...

I think I will be okay with triangles. If you see any flaws you won't hurt my feelings pointing them out.

rear.jpg

This is COOL!..No, No...It's VERY COOL!

kingfish254 said:

You started having too much progress, so I went ahead and finished the Sand Rover tonight. :mrgreen:

IMG_4667.jpg

yoothgeye said:
You started having too much progress, so I went ahead and finished the Sand Rover tonight. :mrgreen:

WAY TO GO!!!!! Does that mean that I can take some credit for Sand Rover!?? :p

Seriously, your bike is an amazing beast and a great motivation. Fugsley wouldn't exist if I never saw Sand Rover.

I hope Irene lets you have some sand time. I am headed to JAX to pick up two more choppers (as in bikes to chop up, Jake :wink: )

HEY B!! I SAW THIS BUS IN PHILLY AND RAN IT DOWN TO GET A PICTURE OF IT FOR YA!!
2011-08-23133742.jpg
KOOL HUH?!? NOW IS THAT THE BIGGEST CAN OF BEER YA EVER SAW!! THEN IT WAS A EARTHQUAKE ABOUT 10 MIN. AFTER I SAW IT. MUST'VE BEEN BEER DRINKERS CHASING THE BUS. :mrgreen: PEACE

KOTA said:
This is COOL!..No, No...It's VERY COOL!

kingfish254 said:

Thanks Kota, What good are these builds if you can't have fun? Of course I won't be using the entire ski. I will cut it down and it will just be from the seatpost back.

Cool beer can Jake!!
Did you think of the Carole King earth moving song during the quake?

Picked up two more OCC Stingrays today for $50 total (plus a 4 hour round trip drive).
68.jpg

69.jpg

Lol Them poor stingrays finaly have awesome uses for them I think I'll pick up a few and butcher them now and make neat bikes, awesome build! great ideas!

kingfish254 said:
Picked up two more OCC Stingrays today for $50 total -AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! AT LEAST FIX UP AND RIDE THE SECOND ONE!! REMEMBER THE FORKS. I THINK I NEED A FRONT RIM AND TIRE TOO. PEACE

I like the handlebars on that top one, these will be cool to ride... with a cutting disk:

IMG_4349.jpg

Jake, once I get a sissy bar and banana seat, I promise to make one of these a rider.

Yooth, we have to stop teasing Jake about chopping up his choppers. He may "de-friend" us.

Josh, yes JAX craigslist. Both were listed for $50 each, but I talked one guy down to $20 and the other down to $30. The guy with the $20 one even met me at the other one's business, so I only had to go to one place. I was only parked in JAX for about 20 minutes before I was back on the road to Savannah.

Mugen_Stumpo said:
want to get rid of one stingray front fork??

build looks fantastic!!!!

Thanks, but I have plans for the forks. It is interesting that three OCCs and each fork is different. One has foot pegs and a fender and attaches differently to the head tube. One has a fender and brakes. The other is bare.

Brought the frame parts into work to show my co-worker that will be doing the welding for me. We laid it out on the floor and I used some masking tape to show where we wanted to weld supports.We should be able to start welding this weekend.

WP_000112.jpg

WP_000113.jpg

WP_000114.jpg

I really hope your chainline is straight with the stock BB, I don't doubt you, but that's a WIDE wheel. :wink:

yoothgeye said:
I really hope your chainline is straight with the stock BB, I don't doubt you, but that's a WIDE wheel. :wink:
Doubts and questions are appreciated. It helps me make sure before I have gone too far.

But, in previous mock-ups and one I just did a moment ago, it lines up with about a full little finger gap (5/8 to 3/4 inch) between the tire and the chain. As we tack it up, I plan to check all clearances again. If it is totally off, then I can always cut out the old BB and weld the OCC one in. But it looks like I won't need to.

I think Fugsley has a longer rear end that Sand Rover. What is the distance from the center of your crank to the axle? Mine is about 30 inches.

kingfish254 said:
I think Fugsley has a longer rear end that Sand Rover. What is the distance from the center of your crank to the axle? Mine is about 30 inches.

I'll measure it when I get home. You can't tell it's got a longer wheel base when you are riding it, just feels like a BMX bike normally does. I know this, the stock brake line wasn't long enough and I had to mak a new line, that really surprised me based on how long the chopper was, but I guess alot of that is the raked out fork.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

I'll measure it when I get home. You can't tell it's got a longer wheel base when you are riding it, just feels like a BMX bike normally does. I know this, the stock brake line wasn't long enough and I had to mak a new line, that really surprised me based on how long the chopper was, but I guess alot of that is the raked out fork.

On the chopper the brake line was really a direct shot with the low bars and how it runs right down the inside of the top tube.

I really hope my buddy has time this weekend for us to start on the welding. I am tired of mocking up, I want to "GIT 2 BUILDIN"!!!!

Latest posts

Back