Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - formerly Dune Thuggy

just to let you know, the tire repair worked great! I rode it all weekend with 65psi in it (me = 300lbs) and even navigated a couple pot holes just to be sure!!

cant wait to see that folder when its 2/3 tire!! :lol:

scrumblero said:
just to let you know, the tire repair worked great! I rode it all weekend with 65psi in it (me = 300lbs) and even navigated a couple pot holes just to be sure!!

cant wait to see that folder when its 2/3 tire!! :lol:

Glad to hear that your tire repair worked. I haven't done anything with mine yet. Maybe this weekend. Still hunting done the second OCC.

This is going to be a fun bike! MO FATTA - MO BETTA !!!

YOU STILL CUTTING UP MY BIKES?!? DID YA RIDE ONE YET?!? AT LEAST SAVE ME SOME FORKS FROM ONE. :) HOW WOULD IT LOOK IF YOU COMBINED TWO FORKS FOR A CHOPPER?? :idea: PUT EM ON A CRUISER (THAT ROADMASTER MAYBE) WITH A LOW SEAT WITH THE DRAG BARS,AND A THREE INCH TIRE ON THE BACK 8) .I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS BIKE(FUGSLEY) SO ...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
YOU STILL CUTTING UP MY BIKES?!? DID YA RIDE ONE YET?!? AT LEAST SAVE ME SOME FORKS FROM ONE. :) HOW WOULD IT LOOK IF YOU COMBINED TWO FORKS FOR A CHOPPER?? :idea: PUT EM ON A CRUISER (THAT ROADMASTER MAYBE) WITH A LOW SEAT WITH THE DRAG BARS,AND A THREE INCH TIRE ON THE BACK 8) .I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS BIKE(FUGSLEY) SO ...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Jake, I thought the reason they called these choppers, was beacuse you are supposed to chop them up. :p
I like your thinking on putting to forks together to make a radical Easy Rider chopper.

Looks like I might be driving down to Jacksonville to get my second OCC Stingray. If the seller accepts my price that is.

I have a couple of people buying some more of my non-bike yard sale finds tomorrow ($50 for a $2 item and $50 for a $1 item). I will only use up half of that profit in gas and Stingray purchase price.

Maybe soon, I will be able to Git Back 2 Buildin. PEACE

yoothgeye said:
OK, I didn't know this bike existed. :shock: 2005ish Schwinn Manta Ray, has the wide rear wheel/tire, but it is a coaster!!!! Man, those chain/seatstays look sweet!

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=43719&hilit=occ+stingray

I knew about those, but have never come across one. Pretty beefy and cool looking.

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
OK, I didn't know this bike existed. :shock: 2005ish Schwinn Manta Ray, has the wide rear wheel/tire, but it is a coaster!!!! Man, those chain/seatstays look sweet!

I knew about those, but have never come across one. Pretty beefy and cool looking.

Add a custom fork with another wide(r) tire and you're done.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:

Add a custom fork with another wide(r) tire and you're done.

Here is a Manta Ray in JAX with a custom padded sissy bar. If the price was better I would pick it up at the same time I pick up the two OCCs Thursday morning.
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/bik/2514206301.html

kingfish254 said:
Here is a Manta Ray in JAX with a custom padded sissy bar. If the price was better I would pick it up at the same time I pick up the two OCCs Thursday morning.

That is a cool bike, I guess I like it because it's not just a copy of an original, but it's something different and updated, a classic on it's own if you will. That price doesn't seem horrible, I'm thinking these are pretty rare.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

That is a cool bike, I guess I like it because it's not just a copy of an original, but it's something different and updated, a classic on it's own if you will. That price doesn't seem horrible, I'm thinking these are pretty rare.

After doing a nationwide craigslist search, it looks like $100-200 is the norm with some people thinking they are super rare and asking over $300.

The JAX one with the cool padded sissy bar is worth $140, but I usually buy lower than what something is worth. :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
The JAX one with the cool padded sissy bar is worth $140, but I usually buy lower than what something is worth. :mrgreen:

Same here, actually, I usually don't buy anything, I look all pitiful until people give me stuff for free.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Justin D. Fender
538 Franklin St.
Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

Same here, actually, I usually don't buy anything, I look all pitiful until people give me stuff for free.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

LOL - :mrgreen: I will be sure to pass your address on to the Manta Ray owner. I am sure it will be sitting in your driveway when you return from your hurricane, I mean your vacation. :p

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Rear Frame Mock ups

Going to pick up two more OCC StingRays tomorrow, so I started playing around with some mock up on Fugsley tonight.
It is funny to see the difference between the original wheel and the new one. My wife thought it was a car tire.

5e.jpg
5d.jpg

I put a new crank on. I I removed the 48T ring and left the 32T and 24T rings on.
54.jpg

The Dahon seat stay enterferes with the chain upper chain line, so I squeezed the stays together in the vise until they were the same width as the large chainstay tube on the OCC rear end.
5f.jpg

Then I mocked up the upper support members that I will have to weld between the Dahon frame and the upper seat stay of the OCC rear end. I could either go with a single fat support or two normal seat stay supports. I will probably go with the dual seat stays. I am not sure if I will weld these straight back or flared out. I am leaning towards the dual paralellel bars which also gives me more welding surface because I can also weld them to the old fat seat stay. I will also weld a vertical support that joins the fat OCC chain and seat stays. OPINIONS WELCOME
65.jpg
66.jpg

60.jpg
61.jpg

62.jpg
63.jpg

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Rear Frame Mockups

First, to make sure that I would have the chain centered on the rear axle with good clearance, I lined up the OCC chain stay with the axle and crank.
First I tried the OCC rear as it is on the OCC.
57.jpg

58.jpg

Then I tried it with the OCC rear flipped. I think I like the lines on this setup better. Either one would work fine.
56.jpg
55.jpg

Now for the fun part. If you are riding at the beach you need to have a place to carry your cooler, so I wanted to put a rack. Here is where the yard sale water ski comes in (ala BEER RUN). Still not sure if this will look good on the final bike, but I like the rear spoiler it creates. This will not be a seat like BEER RUN, just a rack from the seatpost back. I may trick it out like a mini surfboard. Here are the mock ups.
59.jpg

53.jpg

All I have to say is this: Triangles, triangles, triangles, triangles...

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Front Fork Idea

I saw that yoothgeye felt that the front fork on Sand Rover needed some beefing up.

Here is my thought on strengthened fork (that also looks cool) on Fugsley.
Start with the OCC rear end.
5a.jpg

Then partially slice the seat stay section and reweld it parallel to the chain stay section. There would also be a support at the top joining the two.
5a-Copy2.jpg

I like your fork beefing, I thought of making some sort of truss support idea like yours, but my fork was already made, but that should do the job.

Latest posts

Back