Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fugsley - Holy cow------ GRIPS!!!! 1/29

yoothgeye said:
I love the fact that this bike still folds, because now when it folds it reduces down to the size of a much larger bike than it started out as. :lol:

I need to take a photo of it folded. It's not the neat efficient fold of the original and looks like the result of the bike getting hit by a car. :mrgreen:
But you are right about the size. When it is folded, it probably takes up the space of 2-3 folded Dahons.

Re: Fugsley - Holy cow------ GRIPS!!!! 1/29

kingfish254 said:
I need to take a photo of it folded. It's not the neat efficient fold of the original and looks like the result of the bike getting hit by a car. :mrgreen:

I'm familiar with that "hit by a car" look, when I ride the swingbike somewhere I fold it in the middle and turn the handlebars and let it rest on the chainguard as a kickstand, it's funny to watch people walk past it on a sidewalk just staring down at it trying to figure out how it got there.

Re: Fugsley - 99% Done - 5 Months - 26 Pages - Almost 10K Views

Wow, I just realized that this thread is about to crack 10,000 views!!!!
5.5 months since I started the thread and build.
26 Pages and almost 400 posts.
I hope that this build has been as fun to watch as it has been to build and ride.
Thanks for all of the support and ideas. Special thanks to Yoothgeye for building Sand Rover and giving me the idea for this bike. Also thanks to OCC and Schwinn for building such a cool chopper to CHOP up. I can't remember who's build I first saw the Harley tires on, but thanks to them as well.

Re: Fugsley - Boat Tailigihts - 1/31

Red - Right - Return. Man that only works with bouys and channel markers. Started pulling together and mounting the boat lights as tailights on Fugsley. I kept Red on the port side (left) and green on the starboard (right). The only problem with that is if a boater drives up behind me he will think that he is about to hit the front of a boat that has capsized.

I still have some of the poster lights that I bought from Michael's craft store. These are pretty bright and come in a Christmas light type strand of 20. I am just using a tiewrap for 10 each and I will cut everything in half and run the wires between the lights. Then I will make up a battery pack mount under the water ski. I made the light bracket from a simple angle mending plate that I ground down to fit the curve of the light base. Still need to paint and wire the lights, but here is the mockup.

WP_000990.jpg

WP_000989.jpg

WP_000987.jpg

WP_000986.jpg

WP_000985.jpg

WP_000982.jpg

WP_000984.jpg

Re: Fugsley - 2/2 - 10,000 views - Pretty cool

It's pretty cool to me that my monstrosity just cracked 10,000 views.

Re: Fugsley - 2/2 - 10,000 views - Pretty cool

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
It's pretty cool to me that my monstrosity just cracked 10,000 views.

They're mostly your views, get over it. :p :lol:

So you're saying that I should change the name of the bike to Narcisist. :mrgreen: :p

Re: Fugsley - Boat Tail Lights Completed - 2/2

Completed the tail lights tonight.
I was worried that they might detract from the bike, but I like the placement and size that they are. Let me know if I went overboard or not.
Mounted the battery pack with switch under the ski.

The only thing left is to find a bulb for the life vest headlight and get it mounted.

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

IMG_4865.jpg

IMG_4863.jpg

IMG_4864.jpg

Re: Fugsley - 100% Finished!!!!!! Awesome ride around Savannah!

I finished the life vest head light today, so Fugsley is now 100% Finished!!!!!

It was in the upper 70s today in Savannah, so I loaded up my "water" bottle and went on an awesome 2+ hour ride around downtown. Some of the back drops are going to look familiar, but I have to take advantage of our wonderful city on a day like today. It was so funny, I had at least 10+ people ask me if I had a patent on the bike (I'll leave that to Yoothgeye). I have said it before, but you just never know what you are going to see in Savannah. Earlier I came across some knights in armor fighting and took a photo. Later on in the same location I sat and watched a cricket match.

Here are the photos from the day.

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4895.jpg

With my Rat Rod Bikes shirt and Fat Tire hat
IMG_4897.jpg

This tall bike guy passed me around the Forsyth Park fountain and told me about an Art Bike ride that was going to follow an art show at the Jepson Museum on march 4th. I am soooooooo there!!!!
IMG_4899.jpg

Random tourist photo on my bike (one of many today).
IMG_4898.jpg

Stopped off for a "water" bottle refill.
IMG_4894.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4891.jpg

IMG_4888.jpg

City Hall in the background
IMG_4884.jpg

I just really like this backdrop for bikes.
IMG_4883.jpg

Johnny Mercer's statue . I grew up on the famous "Moon River".
IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

This knights son thinks he is so cool.
IMG_4875.jpg

Light photos
IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

Re: Fugsley - 100% Finished!!!!!! Video - Video - Video

While riding today in Forsyth Park, there tourists asked to take a photo of Fugsley. After they were done, I got them to take a video of me riding Fugsley.

I posted it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTVrW-D- ... e=youtu.be

Re: Fugsley - 100% Finished! Awesome ride in Savannah! + Video!

Great job!!! Got any plans for your next build? 8) :mrgreen:

I love that you almost ran over people in the video! haha

The bike looks great, we really do need to ride together, but my Sand Rover next to your Fugsley and I'd look like your little punk son, haha.

While in Baltimore this weekend staying with friends we went outside to let his dogs out and immediately I saw a green bike across the street laying on the sidewalk, turns out it was an abandoned OCC Chopper, the left side crank arm had come loose, after watching it for a long time, it ended up in the back of my van, I actually rode it to the van, it's in rough shape, but better than the second one I bought... plans... hmmmm....

FatBoy said:
Great job!!! Got any plans for your next build? 8) :mrgreen:

There are a few ideas floating around.
- Chopper trike - 70s Wester Flyer trike rear mated to a modenr kids Nirce Clutch chopper frame and using a pair of OCC rims with Harley whitewalls on them.
- Salt Flats sidecar - Cannondale child trailer that has an aero look to it will become the sidecar (possibly with a rumble seat type backrest). Haven't decided what frame I will use for this. I may even use an old Raleigh Mixte with the seat tube cut off and then make a custom lay on your stomach seat out of another water ski and move the crank back by adding the back end from a Next suspension bike at the dropouts of the mixte.
- I may do something simpler too like a big boy muscle bike out of my 79 Spitfire 5 or an Elgin fixie.
- I also am picking up a few old wooden water skis this week. I really want to make a banana seat out of one. I even bought a pair of wooden crutches at a yard sale to use as a sissy bar.

Probably just continue having fun on Fugsley and sell a few flip bikes to buy more cool stuff.

I would kinda like to do the side car bike as my Build Off bike, but I wouldn't be able to cut the seatpost off and be build off legal. The chopper trike may be my build off bike. Who knows.

yoothgeye said:
I love that you almost ran over people in the video! haha

The bike looks great, we really do need to ride together, but my Sand Rover next to your Fugsley and I'd look like your little punk son, haha.

While in Baltimore this weekend staying with friends we went outside to let his dogs out and immediately I saw a green bike across the street laying on the sidewalk, turns out it was an abandoned OCC Chopper, the left side crank arm had come loose, after watching it for a long time, it ended up in the back of my van, I actually rode it to the van, it's in rough shape, but better than the second one I bought... plans... hmmmm....

If you listen, you can hear me say, "I'm gonna run you down!". She was never in any danger though. You wouldn't think it, but this bike is VERY manueverable.

Bring your bike down to Savannah for vacation. They would look cool together. Sometime, I still want to put my spare OCC rims and OCC tires on Fugsley.

Looking forward to seeing your next OCC plans.

Thanks Josh. Glad to see you back on the forum. Look forward to seeing BOB and your lady's Worksman.

Here is another cool photo from a night ride.
This is one of those pedal powered bars.
WP_001000.jpg

oh, i never stopped lurking. just haven't had much to say since i've not been working on anything. assuming I dont have too much overtime this week pics of the worksman and BoB, with the stock OCC tire will go up next weekend.

Latest posts

Back