Frightliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I modified an existing bopper style tail light that I had stored away. I removed the soft edges from the bonnet to make it less streamline and more space-age. Reversed the lens and modified the mount.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

tvc15 said:
I modified an existing bopper style tail light that I had stored away. I removed the soft edges from the bonnet to make it less streamline and more space-age. Reversed the lens and modified the mount.

DSC_0011.jpg

Lovin' that inverted lens! Looks cool, great job all the way around my friend.

Best of luck,

--Rob

Re: Frightliner- more lighting

One of the front lights should be red, like a Terminator´s eye :shock: :shock: :roll: :wink:

Did I miss where you told about the Moon Style back wheel covers? I'd love to have a pair but have never seen them available.

Thanks,
Tim

VERY nice :) You certainly have an eye for detail. Personally though, I would make those rear filler plates touch the rear fender. I would also cut a small piece to go over the triangular hole at the top, to create an enclosed section. That would give it a more streamlined look IMO. But to each their own! I can't wait to see it finished :D

tvc15 said:
VonFink said:
Did I miss where you told about the Moon Style back wheel covers? I'd love to have a pair but have never seen them available.

Thanks,
Tim

Youll need to go to the manufacurer Mooneyesusa.com

Are these the 21" diameter ones at $75 each? (that means 2 per wheel = $150). ZOWIE, that's some flashy cash! Real Moons are totally righteous...but there's gotta be a cheaper way, I'm thinking. I wonder if some mirrored mylar could be vacu-formed...

Cheers,
Tim

Way to improvise :) The only issue that I can see would be that the pizza pans are probably not balanced. That would cause pretty bad vibrations at speed and they may fly off.

From one Designer to another, We think a lot alike! and i Like your style! THis build looks very staged and planed out!

VonFink said:
I measured a 26" wheel and one would require approx a 23" circle to cover the open area in the center. Then I turned up these 24" aluminum pizza pans online at $23 each. I wonder if they might work?

Qxewejwh7vBk_lUGjuwRGZoqIOMfFyQDG4bt45NjIPYhN87tIb_O_hX-7_XVZaHTY2E_h7mgzd-JgASpZG6A1G2N8KdsiOfhDFGlANmEkwRDFFfWq5eZ5jQtIR00b43dBHOKoUIfVzFFVhcXzcMQ9ehCDZOG9sQci0pzHa0KVpJf3CQp3wyIc-UsZembjg

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... ps-sellers

The moondisc have a OD of 22.5 and leave a bit of the rim exposed. They are thick and heavy (more than I was expecting x5) but they are very well engineered with some really decent hardware.

They are spun aluminum, I believe that this assures better balance and weight distribution. At the end of the day the bikes I build are for my son and/or daughter, so I want them to be safe to ride.

AKB said:
VERY nice :) You certainly have an eye for detail. Personally though, I would make those rear filler plates touch the rear fender. I would also cut a small piece to go over the triangular hole at the top, to create an enclosed section. That would give it a more streamlined look IMO. But to each their own! I can't wait to see it finished :D
I have to agree with you, I will try to make it work...

Latest posts

Back