FRANKENSTIENMOONSCHWINE 5/12/12 FINISHED!!!>:0

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FRANKENSTIENMOONSCHWINE update 3.8

Update w/ teaser photos
sprocket2.jpg

sprocket1.jpg

:shock: :arrow: 8)

Re: FRANKENSTIENMOONSCHWINE update 3.26

Here it is.....FINISHED!...I think.... :shock: :shock: :idea: :mrgreen:

MOON2-1.jpg

MOON3-1.jpg

MOON5.jpg

MOON1-1.jpg

Re: FRANKENSTIENMOONSCHWINE update FINISHED!!!>:0

wow, that came out sweet. I the handlebar and stem combo is great. Very cool bike.

Re: FRANKENSTIENMOONSCHWINE update 3.8

outsider13 said:
UPDATE; I picked up some chains I think will go really well. BUT do I go 50/50 -yellow/ black or do I go 25/25/25/25 or 75/25 :idea: :idea: :arrow: :?:
IMG_1069vv.jpg

IMG_1071vv.jpg

take out all the links and do black yellow black yellow and so on until the chain fits

I don't want to be a hater, but at the beginning of this thread, I thought this bike was gonna be a bad idea with some good elements thrown in....but, the "finished" post on April 10 changed my mind entirely. This bike is awesome.

Good job. :D

-rob

A big THANKS everyone for the great feedback. This was a build that sorta had a mind of its own. it rides really cool
Hey Gdcast That is a REALLY BIG FLAG!
custombikebuilder, KMC does make a 2-tone chain, but its like 30 bucks shipped and the 2 chains were 7 bucks apiece at the swapmeet. besides the 2 tone chain is stock, mine is unique? :shock:
Bicycle808, Don't be hate'in [just kidding] at the start, I was not sure where this was going ..it just went and i like where it went. This is now one of my favorites...[actully they are all my favorites..thats why I can't sell any..? :shock: :mrgreen: ]

I know what ya mean about a build having a "mind of its own", but surely you had some kind of visionary skillz to make something like this turn out so nice. I just have a few questions:
With the front half of the frame being what it is, is it a Schwinn? does it fit, look, sound, or feel like a schwinn? similar at all? :shock: :wink: :mrgreen:

-rob

Biggest one so far :mrgreen: :wink: Beautiful colours!

Now thats a Hot Rod!!!Sweet Ride!! 8) :mrgreen:

i admit when i saw you were doing the whole thing yellow and black i was wondering what you were thinking....but then after seeing it ive gotta say you were thinking way ahead of my little brain and saw a better product than i could imagine! turned out great 8)

Bicycle808 said:
I know what ya mean about a build having a "mind of its own", but surely you had some kind of visionary skillz to make something like this turn out so nice. I just have a few questions:
With the front half of the frame being what it is, is it a Schwinn? does it fit, look, sound, or feel like a schwinn? similar at all? :shock: :wink: :mrgreen:

-rob

Yes I'll admit,itsa Schwine,.. the back 1/2 is schwine also, so the frame is circa. 1953/72
sensor said:
i admit when i saw you were doing the whole thing yellow and black i was wondering what you were thinking....but then after seeing it ive gotta say you were thinking way ahead of my little brain and saw a better product than i could imagine! turned out great 8)
...Some time you have an idea, but not sure how it will turn out. Either it will be really cool..or..sooo ugly, it turns out really cool. Like a dog you might find at the pound [ rescue] :shock: :idea: :lol: :arrow: :mrgreen:
THANKS for the comps! everyone :mrgreen:

Ha, I happen to like schwinns, most of em, anyway. I happen to like a lot of other bikes, too.

This one is definitely awesome, and I guess it qualifies as a schwinn, but it's hardly like anything else with the Schwinn badge on it..

Latest posts

Back