FrankenHiggins is FrankenFinished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love riding my bikes to old car shows. Yours is def going to garner some attention this year!

Done fooling with it?....that means no tank, I suppose?
maybe when you're not working as much, you can do a pictorial on shaping a tank, love to see that.

don't get me wrong now, I understand...I'm tired of working on the Long Bike already....got other aspects that are being shuffled to the back of the deck.....and, I don't even have a job.
:happy:

Done fooling with it?....that means no tank, I suppose?
maybe when you're not working as much, you can do a pictorial on shaping a tank, love to see that.

don't get me wrong now, I understand...I'm tired of working on the Long Bike already....got other aspects that are being shuffled to the back of the deck.....and, I don't even have a job.
:happy:
No, just done fooling with the bar/stem setup. I have some time off now, so I still have time to work on the tank.

Well, I rode down to the car show with my son today. Rode FrankenHiggins and Klunk This!
011.JPG

We checked out some pretty cool cars.
An Aston Martin DB2:
002.JPG

Early Jag:
003.JPG

Buick Woody:
005.JPG

And last but not least, A Mercedes 300SL Gullwing:
007.JPG

These cars are all owned by the same guy. He was cool with our bikes around his million dollars worth of cars, but the car show organizer was not. He asked us to leave, and when I questioned him about it, he said I could explain it to the cops. Apparently, bicycles and pit bikes are not allowed, but fat guys in golf carts drinking beer is perfectly OK.
I was trusted to operate nuclear reactors for the US Navy, but can't be trusted to pedal a bicycle around a city park.
Happy Birthday Murica!

Last edited:
I guess they have to have rules to keep the idiots on bikes out while the responsible people pay the cost. The guy didn't have to be a jerk about it though.

"The guy didn't have to be a jerk about it though."
exactly....I totally get keeping the place from being over- run by bikes scratching into the cars...just be nice about it... like they say....give a little man power for an afternoon, and look what happens. 'Murica... one thing stays the same. those with bucks call the shots. .sheeeesh.

c12296ef8d38bdde10c21873822414d2ad48a1b387e59bc38800c505ba7366ab.jpg

Switched gears a bit. Worked on fitting fenders today. Will need to add some material to the rear dropouts to give a good place to bolt my braces to. I think I have the front figured out. The center section of the triple tree fork extends downward, interfering with the fender.
011.JPG

I marked where it hit the fender, and drilled it out with a hole saw.
013.JPG

Fender slid right into place.
015.JPG

This is where I would like the fender to sit. Need to get my braces drilled and mounted.

Fender looks good there.

looking GoOd !! i like what you did on the chain guard with the tape , is that the plan ? at first glance i thought it was already painted green and loved it !

I cleaned up my fenders, this is what I found under the silver paint:
001.JPG
006.JPG

I'm going to run with this on my paint scheme. I plan on masking off the colors and spraying with the closest color I can find, without any other prep, and spraying the new color. When dry, I will mask off again, and let the tape pull off any loose paint, letting the rust show through. That's the plan anyway. Then I can try to add some patina to my frame, and the paint colors should match.
012.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

Nice plan for the patina paint job! I always wondered if someone had ever done that, pulling some of the heavy paint with tape. Be fun to watch your work on this! Rat on!

Latest posts

Back