Found some nice aluminum handlebars

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I just got some nice (in my mind) aluminum handlebars. They are shaped similar to my '64 Western Flyer bars. Velo Orange Left Bank:
http://store.velo-orange.com/index.php/ ... onfig.html

They were cheaper ordered from a LBS than online. I really like them. I brought they home, swapped them out, and blasted around the lakes with my Typhoon.

Here is a bar comparison.
IMG_3365.jpg

They ride stiffer that the chrome steel ones but there is actually more room by the stem and that's where I ride 80% of the time. The VO are 19.5" wide and WF are ~25". They still have enough width to pump up hills.

They are about 11 oz versus the WF bars at 19 oz. Doesn't seem like much but it helps. I now have the Typhoon (slightly) under 30 lbs.

MplsCoaster

Hello Bigcam39,

I just have some profile On-Bike pics as a comparison now but I'll get some angle shots and post them. They are not too different in profile. The (I think) "reach" is shorter.

I personally like the way they look especially becase the WF bars were so wide. I'll let you be the judge when I post pics.

Thanks

MplsCoaster

those bars look great! :D a really nice retro/modern look to them. i`ll be using some velo-orange bars on my buildoff bike this year! :wink:

It finally got nice out so here are teh glamor shots.
16May11100.jpg

16May11101.jpg

Thanks for the input TexasBigJohn. I'm looking forward to see what kind of VO you put on your RRBOff bike.

I'm going to use either VO Porteur or Belleville on my BOff bike.

Latest posts

Back