found myself a couple of college girls

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
...well, actually, girls' Collegiates. This Sierra Brown '72 popped up on FB marketplace for 18 bucks. It will probably end up a parts bike, with some of the parts going to my 5-speed-converted Speedster camelback and some going to the Sierra Brown girls' 1969 Collegiate I have out in the shed.
20190719_163021.jpg

And when I told a friend I had just picked it up, he sent me a link to this Campus Green '71 for $10. I almost felt like I was stealing this one. Partly because the seller told me she wouldn't be home and she would leave the bike under the back porch and I should just leave the $10 in an envelope in the screen door, but mostly because it's a ridiculously clean bike for 10 bucks.
20190721_193623.jpg

It's a perfect match for one of my favorite riders, which is a '72 Campus Green camelback, and I'm hoping to maybe get my wife interested in coming along for rides once in a while. I gotta admit that I'm a little jealous that hers is gonna clean up nicer than mine. These pics are after 5 minutes wiping off dust with a damp paper towel, 5 minutes putting a few pounds of air in the tires for pics (they seem to be holding) and 3 minutes diddling with the seat height. If I put an afternoon into polishing it up, it'll be one of my nicest original bikes.
20190721_232533.jpg
20190721_232959.jpg

The only thing is it is COVERED with cat hair. She's highly allergic. I rolled this thing right back out into the garage after these pics. My cleanup will have to include decontamination...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back