FORUM CHANGES - PLEASE READ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
POSTING PHOTOS
I wanted to let everybody know that all members are now able to upload images directly to their posts without having to use a 3rd party photo hosting system. This will make it a lot easier to post photos and it will also ensure that the content on the site remains intact regardless of what changes a user makes to his or her own photo hosting accounts. Please click here to read instructions on how it works.

GOLD MEMBERSHIP
I decided to drop the Pro Membership option and I created a new Gold Membership account upgrade. The cost has been reduced to $20 a year which will include a Gold Member profile badge as well as the ability to have your own gallery album. Existing Pro Members will continue with their current upgrade until it expires. I'm working on some stickers that also plan to give to the folks the choose the Gold Member account upgrade. Becoming a Gold Member will help defray the costs of running the forum....hotsing fees, forum software fees, image hosting fees, etc. Click here to become a Gold Member.

Thanks to everybody for your support and making the site a fun place to hang out! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Great, thank you. Have previous images been grabbed and stored?

The links that people embedded from their photo hosting sites like Photobucket still work. The problem arises when people delete images from those accounts or close down their accounts. Then we are left with their posts full of broken image icons.

Unfortunately there isn't really any way to grab their 3rd party hosted images and import them directly into the forum without millions of man hours of work.

That's great! I despise Photobucket...

Seems like a great idea to not have third party photo uploader

But I still have this annoying problem..

Why does my Camera roll know right side up but not the RRB photo loader?
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I use a Iphone5

Iphone problem....

Are you holding it wrong?

If you’re willing to hold your phone a certain way when you take pictures, then they will show up correctly. See the picture below. The phone’s round ‘home’ button is on the right side. This is the only way the iPhone knows how to take pictures without the rotation problem.

iphone-horizontal.png

(If the home button is on the left, the picture will be upside down. This is a common trap when people press one of the volume buttons to take the picture.)

Now, look at the picture below. This is a very natural way that many people hold the phone when taking a picture, right?

iphone-vertical.png

Unfortunately, if you hold it this way, the receiver of the picture will get it sideways. There’s that neck crooking again!

Working on installing a Predator 212 on a go-cart. My son and I got it mounted last night. We need to buy the clutch and have some welding done to the gas pedal.

Working on installing a Predator 212 on a go-cart. My son and I got it mounted last night. We need to buy the clutch and have some welding done to the gas pedal.

Install a Comet Torque-A-Verter like Paul did and it will haul booty. :21:

Iphone problem....

Photobucket always posts my photos right side up no matter what way the phone was when photo taken... Why can't the photo loader know which way is up?

Two or three years ago when RRB went to new web site I was told it was a IPhone4 problem.

Photobucket always posts my photos right side up no matter what way the phone was when photo taken... Why can't the photo loader know which way is up?

Two or three years ago when RRB went to new web site I was told it was a IPhone4 problem.

Have you considered using Tapatalk?

It's much easier to browse the site with than a browser on your phone.

I would urge anyone with access to a pc to download ant try this free photo editor.
Untitled 3.jpg

BTW Skipton here are your pics rotated CCW 90 deg.
Untitled 1.jpg
Untitled 2.jpg

Have you considered using Tapatalk?

It's much easier to browse the site with than a browser on your phone.
I did use Tapatalk a long time ago.... Never really liked it.
But if it fixes the photo problem I'm in.
I'll give it a try.
Thanks

I did use Tapatalk a long time ago.... Never really liked it.
But if it fixes the photo problem I'm in.
I'll give it a try.
Thanks
Yea bro, they updated it...
and continually do.
I do both laptop and tapatalk,
depending on where I'm at.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back