forgotten but not lost

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Image091.jpg

my grandparents shed caught fire 30 some years ago, and this bike was in it. a couple years ago I found it laying around behind their place, forgotten in some weeds, with the melted dripping rubber still on the pedals. and took this picture of it in front of their field before I rebuilt the bike.

not exactly a typical rat rod type bike, being a tandem, but I just love this picture.

That is sooooooo sweet... I think its perfect for a calendar shot! Patina, barn and middle of nowhere: can it get more classic than this? Well done!

I think it makes a Great rat! Awesome pic as well! 8)

That bike has definitely been dreaming of greener pastures :roll: Sweet picture!Got any pics since the rebuild?

this was the first rebuild i had ever done. honestly, i didnt even do that good of a job. just sanded it a little bit, lubed it up, stole some mountain bike tires off of a junker and mostly gave it a rattle can paint job. luckily i used a camera phone, and the poor picture quality really makes the bike look better. i called it a 10 foot rebuild. it looks pretty great from 10 feet away. :D

Image092.jpg

That's great :!: That's just about the perfect description of a rat rod.Some receive a little more(or less)sanding or lube than others,but they almost always "borrow" parts from other bikes.Congrats on a cool bike that was saved from rotting away.I'll bet you smile every time you ride it :) :)

Latest posts

Back