For my best friend

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my best riding buddy - aka 'Doogle' - has developed a spinal problem and has gone a bit lame.
He used to tag along on many of my rides and loved the run. But now he just can't manage.
ta.jpg

But I do miss him when I go around the local cycleway loop of an afternoon so I had a cunning plan.
Spent the afternoon modifying this cargo trailer so I can take him along.

t1.jpg

Still not finished - I need to install the lead attachment, paint the wheels and tidy it up a bit, but I took him for a very short ride in it before I made the side panels and while he was a bit unsure, he stayed put OK. Tomorrow I'll show him it's for 'poop-o'clock'.

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

Should be good fun. If it doesn't work out for the dawg it will be good for carting beer.:banana:

Last edited:
Very good idea , it'll certainly help with keep in him along for rides , looks cool also.

Looks great!...BDC can now stand for Best Dog Carrier.

Great build for your best buddy, I have had to put two of mine down in the last month age 15 and 18. As said before many time some people don't get it.
Sorry to hear that...we have mostly Great Danes and Irish Wolfhounds...so 6-7years is probably the average (13mos to almost 10y has been the range we have experienced)...I envy your double-digits.

Take it easy,
Jason

Latest 'improvements'
The run down to the park and back are regular now. 'Doogs' gets the 'whole body wag' thing going when I say 'trailer' now.

tr1.jpg

New rear light and a portable water dish added.
tr2.jpg

For when we take a breather
tr4.jpg

The lead holder is a furniture coat hook.

tr3.jpg

It also carries the full poop bags while he's walking back to the bin, but you don't need to see a picture of that :)

Latest posts

Back