1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

For Fun - Thrift Store Find

Discussion in 'SPACE BIKE BUILD OFF' started by Desert_Demon, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Desert_Demon

Desert_Demon

Hola peoples,

I thought some of you might like to see this .. maybe it might inspire some of you.

I found a 20" bike at the thrift store when I was looking for bike parts. It is called a space star by Woolco.. distributed by Woolworth's. Got it for $3.00 so.. it will be a project for a later date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BrigmasterA

BrigmasterA

Sweet space invader graphics!

3. schwinnmesa

schwinnmesa

I love the arcade style of that bike. It represents the culture during that time. :D

4. maddogrider

maddogrider

Cool, that bike makes me wanna do some jumpin.

5. Gold Street Customs

Gold Street Customs

That is a nice piece of eighties history,(cant believe I'm calling the eighties historic ) but it is what it is.

6. maddogrider

maddogrider

Its good to be old. Sometimes, like eating cookies or ice cream any time i want. HEHEHE

7. socal_jack

socal_jack

Woolworth's, that brings back memories we had one of those on Main St when I was growing up, back in the age before malls. Cool bike.

8. ifitsfreeitsforme

ifitsfreeitsforme Pro Member

^^ the one on Main Street in Middletown right? I remember it. It was still there in the early 80s when I moved to the area.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's cool. Makes me wanna go find a stand up space invaders game and toss some change in it.

The ol'lady and I were just talking about woolworths the other day.

Got fond memories of the soda stand they had in the one my grandma took me to as a kid.

Cool piece of history and your lbs deserves a sixer or a fat steak for that one

10. aka_locojoe

aka_locojoe

Cool find. Looks a lot like this one only this is called Space Invader.
    [​IMG]

11. socal_jack

socal_jack

Yeah, that was the one, amazed it made it into the 80s, I was out in Cali by then

12. wickeddefender

wickeddefender

i have one of thez bikes i found it in my friends back lawn. i love riding it around its fun to ride il post a pic of it. i redid the hole bike. but its still all stock parts besides tires n rims the old rims incaved.

13. wickeddefender

wickeddefender