1. I wanted to give everybody a heads up on a change that I'm going to make for folks who want to use the For Sale section of the forum.

The forum has been running strong for almost 11 years now and I (along with our awesome moderators) have tried to keep things running smooth and trouble free during that time. I'm thankful for everyone who has helped make this a great community to participate in.

As you can imagine, there are some expenses that are involved in maintaining a site like this and I've tried my best to keep from passing that expense onto the user over the years. The forum will always be a free resource for people to communicate, learn and share.

In order to offset some of the expenses that the site creates, I'm going to be changing the Gold Membership upgrade on the forum. Starting on April 1, 2017 the current "Gold Member" upgrade will be renamed "Pro Member" and this $20 annual upgrade will be required for posting items in the For Sale section. All members and visitors will still be able to view the For Sale section for free, but a Pro Membership upgrade of $20/year will be required for listing items in that section for sale. Current Gold Members will be converted to Pro Members and will have access to listing items for sale until their current upgrade expires.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?account/upgrades

Thank you for your understanding and I will give further updates as the upgrade date approaches.

Steve

(click on the "X" in the top right corner of this notice to close it)
    Dismiss Notice

For Fun - Thrift Store Find

Discussion in 'SPACE BIKE BUILD OFF' started by Desert_Demon, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Desert_Demon

Desert_Demon

Hola peoples,

I thought some of you might like to see this .. maybe it might inspire some of you.

I found a 20" bike at the thrift store when I was looking for bike parts. It is called a space star by Woolco.. distributed by Woolworth's. Got it for $3.00 so.. it will be a project for a later date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BrigmasterA

BrigmasterA

Sweet space invader graphics!

3. schwinnmesa

schwinnmesa

I love the arcade style of that bike. It represents the culture during that time. :D

4. maddogrider

maddogrider

Cool, that bike makes me wanna do some jumpin.

5. Gold Street Customs

Gold Street Customs

That is a nice piece of eighties history,(cant believe I'm calling the eighties historic ) but it is what it is.

6. maddogrider

maddogrider

Its good to be old. Sometimes, like eating cookies or ice cream any time i want. HEHEHE

7. socal_jack

socal_jack

Woolworth's, that brings back memories we had one of those on Main St when I was growing up, back in the age before malls. Cool bike.

8. ifitsfreeitsforme

ifitsfreeitsforme Gold Member Pro Member

^^ the one on Main Street in Middletown right? I remember it. It was still there in the early 80s when I moved to the area.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's cool. Makes me wanna go find a stand up space invaders game and toss some change in it.

The ol'lady and I were just talking about woolworths the other day.

Got fond memories of the soda stand they had in the one my grandma took me to as a kid.

Cool piece of history and your lbs deserves a sixer or a fat steak for that one

10. aka_locojoe

aka_locojoe

Cool find. Looks a lot like this one only this is called Space Invader.
    [​IMG]

11. socal_jack

socal_jack

Yeah, that was the one, amazed it made it into the 80s, I was out in Cali by then

12. wickeddefender

wickeddefender

i have one of thez bikes i found it in my friends back lawn. i love riding it around its fun to ride il post a pic of it. i redid the hole bike. but its still all stock parts besides tires n rims the old rims incaved.

13. wickeddefender

wickeddefender