"Flipped Fixie JC Higgins" Finished NEW PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Flipped JC Higgins" Back on the bench

SLOW going here but I scored this today!! 8) :mrgreen:
jchigginsflip700rear2.jpg

Re: "Flipped JC Higgins" Back on the bench

I Got a new set of wheels the rear is a Big Star 700 Deep V with a flip flop hub and the Front is a A class straight spoke 700.I put the 23 white wall on front I still have to paint the rear and install the tire.I picked up a White Bontrager saddle that fits well.Im trying th find some bull horn bars ,I got a lead on CL so maybe soon. 8) :mrgreen:
jchigginsflip13.jpg
jchigginsflip14.jpg

Re: "Flipped Fixie JC Higgins Speed Rat" rideable mock up

I got the tires on and got it rideable,This thing is super light and looks fast sitting still!Not sure if I want to paint the frame or what color to do the wheels.Im looking at some different bars some bullhorns or the same style but shorter drop. 8) :mrgreen:
camera-Sophia5.jpg
camera-Sophia6.jpg
camera-Sophia8.jpg
camera-Sophia9.jpg
camera-Sophia10-1.jpg

I got my new bars,stem,and brakes today!!! 8) :mrgreen:
jchigginsflipnewbars.jpg
jchigginsflipnewbars2.jpg

deven_science said:
I want to say that this thread has inspired me to do a flipped bike. Just this weekend, I grabbed a couple of frames to choose between.

Good job, man. I like this a lot.

Very cool!!! I cant wait to see what ya come up with!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Well a guy saw this ride and decided he had to have it so it inspired me to finish it and sell it to him...So here it is old and new mixed together just right and I love the patina! I rolled it out in the driveway and let my Wife work her photo magic on it and here it is!
IMG_20120712_202446.jpg
IMG_20120712_200213.jpg
IMG_20120712_200401.jpg
IMG_20120712_200454.jpg
IMG_20120712_200621.jpg
IMG_20120712_200906-1.jpg

That is the coolest. The patina and the fact that it is unmistakably an upside down bike, cause of the headbadge and lettering, just awesome. Spare, y'know nothing extra to distract.

I hope my flipped out lady turns out half as good as that!

That is the coolest SNIGGIH I have ever seen!!!!!!

Thanks Fellas!!! This was a fun build that sat on the back burner for a bit im glad I got around to finishing it! It should bring me a few Ben Franklins by the end of the week!! 8) :mrgreen: That is if my Wife doesnt keep it...

Latest posts

Back