"Flipped Fixie JC Higgins" Finished NEW PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a few months I picked up this 50,s/60,s step through JC higgins,it had alot of cool parts I robbed for the Big Daddy Scooter and bars for the Klunker Tandem.My wife didnt want me to restore it so it became a parts bike.After being intrigued by the Twisted sister builds I thought id like to try it so here it is so far...
jc2.jpg
jc3.jpg
jc.jpg
jc1.jpg
And here it is Flipped
jchigginsflip.jpg
jchigginsflip2.jpg

Re: "Flipped JC" inspired by Twisted Sisters

I love the fork rake that these flipped out ladies end up with!!!

Looks pretty COOL!....I know where the rear rack went.

Thanks! Glad to be able to inspire you. Kota got me hooked on this bike building bug and I'm just glad to be able to contribute.

PeterBuilt said:
Thanks! Glad to be able to inspire you. Kota got me hooked on this bike building bug and I'm just glad to be able to contribute.

Once we get the bug Im not sure we can ever stop,makes me look for bikes every where I go!I like your twisted sister because its a simple concept that completely changes the look of the bike.Glad to have you on RRB!Kota seems like a great guy Id like to meet him some day :mrgreen:

Believe me brother it would be worth the trip. Greatest guy you will ever meet. :lol:

I have a whole new respect for those plain girl bikes now. Thanks...I think..you may have let genie r genie out of the bottle ;-)

PeterBuilt said:
Believe me brother it would be worth the trip. Greatest guy you will ever meet. :lol:

Im sure he is,he has been great to me and weve never met. 8)

Finished up the mount for the cranks today now im not sure how I want to do the seat...
jchigginsflip5.jpg
jchigginsflip4.jpg
jchigginsflip6.jpg
jchigginsflip3.jpg

Oh yeah,I scored a cool set of fenders I just need to make a mount for the rear 8)
jchigginsflipfender.jpg

This afternoon I made a seat post ,Its actually welded to what used to be the factory kickstand mount...Im going to change the drop outs because right now there pull ups with no way to adjust the chain,I was trying not to modify the OG frame but oh well Im going to cut it up. :roll:
jchigginsflipseat.jpg

Bike looks KILLER. Seat position and location PERFECT. This is how I filled the BB hole on a past build. Went to Home Depot and got a round, recessed, closet handle. It snapped right into the BB bearing cup. Then put a reflector into the recessed part.

OH! For every TWO people that think I'm a "nice" guy....There's TEN that think I'm an idiot. :lol:
FatBoy we ever meet...I'm stealin your scooter. :lol:

Bearing cup is painted black.
006-2.jpg

You could always use a chain tensioner, but those usually aren't "pretty".

I would do something cool in the old BB (now the TB). Maybe some flashing lights or squeeze a couple of those Superball Snowglobes in there.

I wonder what it would be like to use a ladies frame that has a curvy bottom downtube, which would flip into a curvy top tube.
3e.jpg

I was at Peterbuilts house earlier. I'll get him to post pics of a pre-war ladies Elgin flipped. When you look at it you don't know what the heck it is. :lol:

KOTA said:
I was at Peterbuilts house earlier. I'll get him to post pics of a pre-war ladies Elgin flipped. When you look at it you don't know what the heck it is. :lol:

Here it is check out the rack.

Banana050.jpg

All these flipped bikes look really crazy good :eek:! Did you guys have a problem with not being able to adjust the rear wheel,or did you change the rearchain stays?

Heres how I filled the BB holes,I used 1" electrical K/O seals they just snap right in!
jchigginsflipseat2.jpg

If you paint it, It's gonna look factory. NICE idea!

Latest posts

Back