Flight Liners Keep Coming to Me.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well this weekend ended up pretty good for me....I had ,what I think might be my RRBBO #7 frame, delivered in the mail.....
I got it off e-bay for quite cheap, but I need to show the Insane way the dude shipped it, ( Tell me if you all have ever had a bike sent like this...)

PICT4660.jpg

You might be able to tell through all the cellophane what it is, but first some pics of the parts it came with....

PICT4663.jpg

PICT4662.jpg

PICT4664.jpg

I'll be able to reuse the pedals, they're nice.. the seatpan and bars are Completely rusted away, though the base of the seat is useable... and the rear hub is a Komet Super and is actually in fine shape I will keep it and might use it for my first lacing of a rear wheel...

Here's the frame finally....

PICT4665.jpg

PICT4668.jpg

PICT4667.jpg

Rusty but solid, the chain guard says Western Flyer, I love that the Chrome on the forks is still relatively clean and digging that Big Bell....I'll have to see if I can get it working...I can't tell what color it might have been, and it's killing me to not touch it, but as I said I think it might be my RRBBO 7 frame and I don't want to do any "work" ahead of time.... These frames are My Favorites...

Next is another Flight Liner, my first womens version....

PICT4669.jpg

PICT4670.jpg

PICT4671.jpg

Got it by trading a Trek 3700 frame I've had sitting in my backyard doing nothing for awhile,(which was given me for nothing)... I traded because I wanted the Crank Hubcap.. hard to find and stupid money for the complete uselessness of the part... and dig that front fork and truss set up... I wish it was a springer but oh well... I know it's not the best picture but the chrome on the frame is pretty darn clean, only very minor surface rust...
I'm going back to the guy today to hopefully get the original rear fender for it, and a few other parts as well...
Thanks for looking and by the way does anyone know if the step through is a JC Higgins or Murray variant, just curious...

I had a few bikes shipped from a Tractor salvage guy in Michigan the same way. Luckily there wasn't any damage.

Nice bikes! Murray made those style frames for a lot of different dept. and auto parts stores, such as Sears, Otasco, and Western Auto. JC Higgins was sold at Sears, and I recall someone here (Dodgdart?) found one badged as a BF Goodrich.

The top bike looks like a spaceliner instead of a Flight Liner. Awesome frames! 8)

That spaceliner has some nice patina. That method of "packaging" is nuts. I might be cheap when it comes to shipping and package stuff in old magazines and newspaper but dang. At least I put mine in a box! :roll:

i had a bike shipped to me with a half roll of plastic all around and probably 500feet of duct tape. If i can find the pictures i will post them. it took me 5 hrs to cut the bike out of the wrapping.

That first one is a Spaceliner.
If I go for a 2 wheeled build, I may use my Spaceliner in BO7 as well. There is just something about those double twin canti's that is super cool!!!

bigharley said:
i had a bike shipped to me with a half roll of plastic all around and probably 500feet of duct tape. If i can find the pictures i will post them. it took me 5 hrs to cut the bike out of the wrapping.
That's a #@*#*! HOOT,bigharley!!! I'm a guess'in them thar aint the "factory" handlebars neither!...P 8)

Actually, they're both Spaceliners. The ladies' bike has the 'hubcap' on the chainring, unique to the Spaceliner and it's variants. Ladies' frame is the same for both models though. -Adam

Daddyar said:
Nice bikes! Murray made those style frames for a lot of different dept. and auto parts stores, such as Sears, Otasco, and Western Auto. JC Higgins was sold at Sears, and I recall someone here (Dodgdart?) found one badged as a BF Goodrich.
Yep , thinkin' of using the frame for my build off attempt
013-1.jpg

dogdart said:
Daddyar said:
Yep , thinkin' of using the frame for my build off attempt
013-1.jpg

NICE... If you don't use it I'd love to buy that tank from you if you ever part that out...Seriously nice...

And to everyone correcting me... You're right they Are Spaceliners, Sorry for the mistake... I Did know better...

Latest posts

Back