Flat pack bicycle "RAZOR"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there!
I was not 100% satisfied with my BO ten bicycle build so I've decided to notch up the concept.
I'm not a great welder but what the heck. .. I know how to use a wrench.
First I've draw a 3d model.

Then, as I was happy with the design, I've ordered main parts at a laser cut shop. The frame is made from 5mm thick aluminum plate.
And I had to make some parts at home.
Frame:
c83151623a256c89ec435b818db1245f.jpg

Fork and rear triangle
7bff3f99f5cff864f87829643508615b.jpg

Steering tube

And some other parts I've lost photos... sorry.

Using a wrench, a lot of nuts, and threaded rod
5b4853005ed8736ffcd011ddc8928d83.jpg

fd00da1a61fd69860f610374093db016.jpg

f008a5c2aa6bdc70d1a8177e069bf4a8.jpg

And so far the bicycle looks like this
870edf408a6894ff9659d5496d1e6e57.jpg

4006e4e8915b4a43d8106c024d39ec79.jpg

415fedcc14f5d0ae258532f5fce46b05.jpg

There's still work to be done and parts to be changed but for now it rides pretty nice.
The fork and seat tube are put on industrial ball bearings.
Rear wheel is 28x80mm with a shimano alfine 11 hub (the front wheel will be the same width)
Disk brakes front and rear, sealed US bmx bb. And so on...
Will keep posting. Hope you like this build.[emoji12]

Enviado desde mi SM-N910F mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Watch out, Ikea could rip off your idea if they ever get into sporting goods. Great effort, definitely thinking outside the 'box' (pun intended). Better not spend too much time polishing it or you may blind an oncoming driver. :cool2:

Watch out, Ikea could rip off your idea if they ever get into sporting goods. Great effort, definitely thinking outside the 'box' (pun intended). Better not spend too much time polishing it or you may blind an oncoming driver. :cool2:
Let's say I've got inspired by some other builds that I've seen on the Web. .. thanks for supporting comment! [emoji3]

A similar approach to the plastic bike but with more conventional materials. Does the bike flex much when ridden? At first I was trying to figure the rear suspension until I realized the seat was suspended. Another unique build :41:

A similar approach to the plastic bike but with more conventional materials. Does the bike flex much when ridden? At first I was trying to figure the rear suspension until I realized the seat was suspended. Another unique build :41:
It flexes somewhat when you are at slow speed but nothing terrible.

Real SHARP design Boro,

I presume that you had the plate waterjet cut? Have you thought about doing one out of "carpet fiber" (old cycling industry nickname carbon)?
It's laser cut. (Couldn't find a water jet shop ).
I was considering different options. . Carbon fiber was an option but a bit too expensive. .. maybe next time it will be something more exotic [emoji3]

Innovative - out of the box-one of a kind-Bad to the Bone Custom
Very Creative ...Hats of too you ~

~Rafael~

Man, this is awesome. Great work. I love it. Looks very industrial.

I will tell you that your half-link chain is on backwards. Small end moves forward.
You made me Google[emoji3] .. and i could not find a clear anwser on half link chain direction. The only directional half link chain I found is the shadow conspiracy chain... I have no troubles driving as is... whats the danger doing it wrong side forward?

You made me Google[emoji3] .. and i could not find a clear anwser on half link chain direction. The only directional half link chain I found is the shadow conspiracy chain... I have no troubles driving as is... whats the danger doing it wrong side forward?

I don't know the specific dangers. I only know that it goes the other way [which I learned in the instructions in a box of Shadow Conspiracy chain ;)]. That type of chain was meant for BMX, and doing tricks like grinding, so I assume that it takes that kind of abuse better in one direction than in the other, so I figure, why take chances? I'm sure it's fine either way.

I don't know the specific dangers. I only know that it goes the other way [which I learned in the instructions in a box of Shadow Conspiracy chain ;)]. That type of chain was meant for BMX, and doing tricks like grinding, so I assume that it takes that kind of abuse better in one direction than in the other, so I figure, why take chances? I'm sure it's fine either way.
Yeah, the shadow conspiracy is directional... however kmc kool knight seems not. I belive this chain has a couple of hundred km on it always in the same direction and no problem at all... Anyway thanks for the advise. you are the first and only who looked at the chain link direction so far[emoji3]

Looking at it from an engineering standpoint, the way it is now any dirt that you hit will be driven into and between the chain links, putting it the other way wouldn't?

Luke.

Latest posts

Back