Fixie Slayer (done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Im' bored stiff waiting for my BO12 frame to get done, so i am gonna attack this old Motobecane now that I finally got it apart. I got it shaved and spayed some rattle aluminum over the scars that matches incredibly well!

FS.JPG

The secret weapon... ;)

sc2.JPG

Attachments

• sc2.JPG
    sc2.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 249
Cleaned up going back together. Turns out the nightmare stem was actually an early Salsa , so I sanded it raw, blasted on some clear and stabbed it back in.. :D

KIMG0919.JPG

Had to order a new bottom bracket cause it is 26tpi French and I was not about to run steel cottered cranks. :shake:
The new threadless ones look like an easy way to do it, so I am going to try one out.

I was planning on working on my BO12 bike tonight but it's still getting its art on. :inlove:

So instead,
KIMG0989.JPG
I got the wheels done last weekend and finally got the threadless sealed bottom bracket... Dang these things are cool!! I cant believe how easy they make it!! :thumbsup:
KIMG0995.JPG

After BO12 I took a few days off to catch up on work and go fishing, but I am back on this one tonight after getting some tools/parts in the mail yesterday.

S2C rebuild tonight! :inlove:

KIMG1122.JPG

This looks like it´s going to be a fun rider. That´s a cool old Moby; I really like the understated short-point lugs. Salsa quill stems are rockin´; I bet your Motobecane is meant to take the French-spec 22.0 stem and the PO crammed the 22.2 Salsa jawn into the steerer anyway. Might´ve been why it was so hard to get it out. Still, it´s a rad stem, just keep it exxxtra greasy, and you oughta be alright...

This looks like it´s going to be a fun rider. That´s a cool old Moby; I really like the understated short-point lugs. Salsa quill stems are rockin´; I bet your Motobecane is meant to take the French-spec 22.0 stem and the PO crammed the 22.2 Salsa jawn into the steerer anyway. Might´ve been why it was so hard to get it out. Still, it´s a rad stem, just keep it exxxtra greasy, and you oughta be alright...

Ya man, thats exactly what happened... he even took the emory to it to strip off the powder before he stabbed it in dry. Fits like a glove now!! :21: Just gotta grab a tube and a chain tomorrow and its done!

Got a new front wheel together and took it out for a nice long ride today. I am still not a big fan of skinny tires, but it's really fast and feels pretty sturdy doing tricks considering it's a skinny..

I cant stand the pedals without putting cages on them so I ordered some VP-365's for it.

KIMG1137.JPG
KIMG1141.JPG
KIMG1146.JPG

Good looking silver streak kickback! Fast riding I'll bet..
Explain again how the "pedal came off". I can't picture it...skpc

Good looking silver streak kickback! Fast riding I'll bet..
Explain again how the "pedal came off". I can't picture it...skpc

Well best I can figure is I didn't tighten pedal down with a wrench and me spinning the pedals for 5 minutes with My foot to try and get them right side up (without cages they suck) They were kinda sticky from fresh grease so it must of backed it out and I didn't notice.

No... but, there is this new wheel size...700c! :grin:

Unfortunately, you have very few choices in 27"...1 3/8" is pretty much the biggest out there, and most of them are being pretty optimistic :)

Jason

I almost went 700c on this one! It woulda been easier but I wanted to keep it somewhat retro.

Latest posts

Back