fixie dust

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my buddy and i just got done with this one and i came up with a a idea to use a fixie in my next build
IMG_20120809_192033-1.jpg

after i cut up the frame im left with the b.b, h.t and fork i might use the rear drop outs this is where im at now the front tacked up
IMG_20120902_214654.jpg

I've built a couple of bikes cracking them in half in a very similar method to the first pic. That one was done very well! It looks great.

Two I've done using that method:

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

I think yours looks cleaner than either of mine.

a pick with the wheels mounted to the out side of the axles you can see what im going for sort of
IMG_20120904_194356.jpg

May be the camera angle , but it looks like the pedal will hit the tire while your pedaling.
Not sure how far you have but I always leave 10'' . Looking good so far.

Uncle Stretch said:
May be the camera angle , but it looks like the pedal will hit the tire while your pedaling.
Not sure how far you have but I always leave 10'' . Looking good so far.
Ya its not set in the right spot but good looking out

dash said:
a pick with the wheels mounted to the out side of the axles you can see what im going for sort of
IMG_20120904_194356.jpg

I have to agree with Uncle Stretch.
Plus If you move the bottom bracket away from the front wheel I think you will have to move back your seat tube and lengthen the top tube to make the whole thing work. That's unless you are a very small person.
:lol: I do like where this is going. :lol:
My 2 cents
Blue 8)

the seat will be mounted between the rear tire and the seat tube plus i am a small dude im 5'2 if i hang from the monkey bars all day lol. its all tacked so if i need to move any thing its no biggie, i should have time to get the chainstays and bb set today ill post up some picks later, hopefully :roll:

Yeah Sorry its really easy to pick at someones build before they get through.
I have had it happen and it made me mad and I cut up a nice frame because
I didn't want to listen to the ideas that everybody had. They kept saying put the seat
on the seat stays. I tried to explain if you did it would make the seat to crank way
too short but they insisted.....I chopped it up and threw it away.
barless002.jpg

History001.jpg

ya its hard to see whats going on with someones build when your not building it ,but i do appreciate all comments and ideas! i too have scrapped my fair share of frames and it really makes me mad thats why i think its smart to tack the whole frame then weld it when your done, at least when you can

Yeah I have adopted a new method. I build the frame and take pictures as I build
but I don't post them till I finish. :lol: I have people now after something is built and
painted say man you need to weld this up more or move something, like I'm going to ruin
a paint job to change it. Good luck with your build. I will stay out of it. :wink:

Uncle Stretch said:
Yeah I have adopted a new method. I build the frame and take pictures as I build
but I don't post them till I finish. :lol: I have people now after something is built and
painted say man you need to weld this up more or move something, like I'm going to ruin
a paint job to change it. Good luck with your build. I will stay out of it. :wink:

Tis the nature of the beast to want to criticize someone elses work.....I feel that if they think they can do it better, then go for it and show what you can do. The person doing the work knows what they want and have a vision of how it should look to them, let them be and let them build THEIR vision.

uncle stretch , i wish you would NOT stay out of it . you are part of the reason i started building bikes in the first place. iv been watching your builds forever and just wana say thanks uncle inspiration

Thats nice to hear. Glad I impressed someone enough to build their own frames. I try to get away
from bikes ,but its the only thing that keeps my attention. They are cheap and you can really
express you creativity. Right now I have one banging around in my head. Several builders have
done this style and I have to do one too. I have enough tubing to do one more. Here is the idea
I'm going to borrow. Its supposedly someone in Germany.
jen2vt3m.jpg

this is what i got going so far i might put the bb up a bit more but i like it! it has a down hill racer / fast look to it stay tuned for more

IMG_20120908_225758.jpg

Latest posts

Back