RRBBO13 Fisher CR-7 ...OddJob Award Creation vid pg 9 !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that you're building kind of a tribute bike to another time. I have a 1956 Phillips 3 speed, I always wanted what we called English Racers. Only took me 50 years to get it, but now I can time travel

I'm with you there, all the way. Each bike I've built takes me back in time, and I imagine riding that bike back in the day. It's only natural to kind of put myself in that mode, imagining riding the bike in the day that it was made; as I use my imagination to build it.

Fisher CR-7 Videologue #5.....

I really like these bear trap style pedals. Super grip on the bottom of your shoes, and a nice wide platform for your foot to rest. In the comparison with the mtb pedals that would have come on this bike originally, you can see the size difference.

34825391_2417550104937801_5595443948249153536_n.jpg

34962912_2417550318271113_1002607819729403904_n.jpg

That is pretty wild about the Hob Knobber there Odd Jobber. Glad that I could tee that one up for you.
Those purple bears are awesome!!!!
It was also cool seeing the OJ-1 trike!

Pedals look great. Cool banner. You should post your shirt pic in the shirt thread. That's a good one.
Gotta look for the 'shirt thread' now. Apparently Rat Rod didn't see his tag...on the shirt. :p

I blink and 6 weeks have passed.

This bike restification is awesome. It makes me want to put that Proflex I have together. As I read through the 6 pages, I've been Loving every detail.

Those pedals remind me of the scar I earned back in 89 after a wet run through meadow and then slipping off the bear claws on a rock face around the corner.

Such a cool set of stories. You mentioned a little of it back in the ORBO, but these extensive details outline some really unique experiences. Thanks for sharing!

Great work.

I blink and 6 weeks have passed.

This bike restification is awesome. It makes me want to put that Proflex I have together. As I read through the 6 pages, I've been Loving every detail.

Those pedals remind me of the scar I earned back in 89 after a wet run through meadow and then slipping off the bear claws on a rock face around the corner.

Such a cool set of stories. You mentioned a little of it back in the ORBO, but these extensive details outline some really unique experiences. Thanks for sharing!

Great work.

MC, I have been thinking of you a lot during this build. I know you love the dirt / rocky trail as much as I do. Glad you could catch up on the 6 page historical account!

I'm planning a ride vid on my local trail that's just a mile and a half from me. My buddy has a '94 mtb and so it will be a fun day hitting the trails 'old school'.

Stay tuned!

The first time I met Gary Fisher was at the 1990 Chicago Area Bicycle Dealers Association event in North Park, IL. He was there meeting his dealers face to face, and excitedly promoting his latest innovative line of bicycles.

I knew he was on tap for the event, so I brought along a photo I had taken of my first born, at around his first birthday. We had the bikes on the trailer (pictured in an earlier thread) and had just pulled into the campsite up north. My Fisher CR-7 in black, and my brother's Fisher HK II in white.

After I chatted with Gary for a bit, I asked for his autograph on the photo mat. He gladly obliged. This picture hangs in the BACK40 now with all the other memorabilia.

Kyle posed for that picture 28 years ago. He's still posing for pictures..... #model.
31955492_2366973243328821_81263366810632192_n.jpg

11326018_767379873380485_1705138630_n.jpg

Hob knobbin

It's been fun to be part of both of the "Ohio Players Build Off Tours" the past few years. You guys sure do make the most of life!

Latest posts

Back