RRBBO13 Fisher CR-7 ...OddJob Award Creation vid pg 9 !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Sunday morning, so that calls for another bike related comic.

See you in the funny papers....

Frazz2 Bicycle.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

Thought I'd share this, 1984 StumpJumper. Just a little motivation/inspiration.
Oh and the that answer to your question, I'm about 420 miles from sandpoint.

Day 23 - In May of 1994, we started what would become a life-long bond between an excited group of teens, a bike shop, a couple of local business sponsors, and a guy with a desire to get kids on mountain bikes.

Our ages ranged from 13 to 38. The oldest being that guy with the big smile to the right of center in the back row. :wink1: We had 3 women between the ages of 17 and 31, which was one of the largest representations back then. Our team produced some fine riders, champions in their respective categories, and a couple of overall racing class champions as well.

There was also a road racing / touring team made up of a couple of the dads of the mtb guys and other '30 somethings' that totaled 9 members.

We called ourselves the River Falls Flyers. The local Coca-Cola distributor, the hippy-run Java Hut coffee shop, and our favorite pizza spot, Steve's Pizza, all fueled this team from The Bike Shop in River Falls, WI. We carried Schwinn brand bikes, and they gave us some shop deals on the new Homegrown series of race bikes and other parts and accessories.

This picture is from May 19,1994 ( just missed the 24th anniversary date a couple days ago). It was the day we got our new Flyers bike jerseys. The local paper came out for a photo shoot in the alley behind the shop, where all our rides began. We had great support from the paper, and they printed every race re-cap that I sent in!

River Falls Flyers.jpg

These are a couple of shots of our jersey we put on for the first time that day. Mine went sleeve-less shortly thereafter....

33027876_2391073044252174_3180887542882893824_n.jpg
33345816_2391073264252152_8605595344136306688_n.jpg

And our logo on the back, our 'Flyer' with the mtb and road tires represented.

33226115_2391125070913638_857401795859709952_n.jpg

Last edited:
Cool duds and poetry William Oddsworth Longfellow!

That is so clean fresh and shiny!!!! Are you sure you aren't an impostor using OddJob's account? It looks incredible, but it feels like "fake news". :D

MTB Memories continued....

One of the best memories of my racing days was the travelling to races, and the camaraderie of companions and competitors. I was proud to be a member / organizer of two different teams. The Wild Rice Riders out of Rice Street Bicycle, and the previously mentioned River Falls Flyers out of The Bike Shop.

I always had a vehicle that could haul at least 3 extra riders and their bikes besides me. Here is one of my all time favorite set-ups. An old trailer chassis that I reconfigured into a race day hauler. We could get 5 bikes on the top cover, with custom vinyl covered 2' x 30" mortar trays housing all our camping gear underneath.

A couple of wing nuts to loosen, and with bikes removed, the top would lift off to reveal the gear. Anything extra fit in the back of the Isuzu Trooper, possibly one of the all-time best 4x4 gear haulers ever created!

Every time I look at this, I smile. :)

Race Day Trooper.jpg
Race Day 1988.jpg

BACK40 celebrity day! My neighbor and his son came by to visit the BACK40 today.

And these aren't your ordinary neighbors. The spry 88 yr old is Art Engstrom, co-founder and engineer/designer for Park Tool. Yes, that Park Tool.

His son, Russ, is a bike collector and builder and one of the honchos for Free Bikes for Kids; started in Minnesota and now in 8 cities throughout the country. They gave away 5500 bikes to kids last year in MN alone!

Special day here with these guys. Solid people, and completely nuts about bikes.
20180531_123201.jpg

The last day of May continues...
Classic car show at an A&W about 5 mi from home. Brought the Shelby Woody and Old Manse Hawthorne out.

Who said cars and bikes don't mix? ;)
20180531_182305.jpg

The definition of a 'big boy' muscle bike. Kip the drive-in owner is a 7 footer....he dug it.

20180531_181507.jpg

20180531_181527.jpg

20180531_183800.jpg

Man just when you thought the Park tool posts couldn't get any better...the co-founder? Wow that's cool. Those 2 look like they fit right in at the ole Back 40...and a car show...you're having some fun up there..good stuff..:thumbsup:

BACK40 celebrity day! My neighbor and his son came by to visit the BACK40 today.

And these aren't your ordinary neighbors. The spry 88 yr old is Art Engstrom, co-founder and engineer/designer for Park Tool. Yes, that Park Tool.

His son, Russ, is a bike collector and builder and one of the honchos for Free Bikes for Kids; started in Minnesota and now in 8 cities throughout the country. They gave away 5500 bikes to kids last year in MN alone!

Special day here with these guys. Solid people, and completely nuts about bikes.
View attachment 76809

Hope you had a bunch of Park Tools in your shop.

Latest posts

Back