First Russian RRB Built Off entry aka "Ragnarok Tango Express"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, mates!

My name is Vladimir (I give up! You can call me Vlad :)), I am from St. Petersburg, Russia, which is only 200 miles away from, for example, Helsinki.

I recon previously no man from Russia ever entered the competition, so, i guess, i have to either win or at least get the podium in order to state that russians can build too :) lol

Sooooooooo, since we have fair crisis with classic frames and parts, i will enter with generic lowrider frame,
here's a pic provided by supplier:

599555_403100129725860_2129897210_n.jpg

here's a pic of how it used to be built:

558408_428231700546036_758052448_n.jpg

Initially i've bought it for my wife but then she proved that she cannot ride bikes in russian road realities (believe me, mates, it's preety scarry to be a biker here, lol). Frame remained in my crates for fair two years without any use and then i gathrered all my balls in hand and desided to enter RRBBO.

What i intended to do is to prove that there MIGHT be bolt-on stretching, so i'' do my best to complete the build without any welding. BUT! If bike would be non-ridable then i''l weld all the parts to the frame. This build is going to be rather slow, i''be honest, but i'll really do all my best to complete the build by August.

NOW. 40 minutes ago i've finally got some inspiration and mocked up something that i''l use as main concept, take a look, mates!

10154569_690425380993332_8801196363830738816_n.jpg

yeah, forgot to mention that pics would be taken from random cameras or phones, cos i have no my own one, sorry in advance.

Ok, i've done it and there's no way back.

Cheers from [not actually] snowy Russia!

PS. We had snow falling today. Entire 15 minutes of the snowfall, lol!

Finally got a quote to plagiarize for my sig. Good luck with the build, comrade. Looks like a fine start.

Thanks for the kind words, mates!
I'm now thinking how to attach rear fork to the frame without wobbles. You know, springer fork crown has one point of connection to the frame and it's obviously not enough.

What I came up with is to cut springer's steering tube, then insert 90° bent rod into it and tighten this construction like ahead stem using the bolt.
ena2uzuz.jpg

deguvu6a.jpg

eheraje6.jpg

Later on I'll cut the rods and try my idea out.
Then all this construction is going to be inserted into the seat tube and tighten by a seat post clamp.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cool idea, hope you can make it work. Keep chain line in mind when you are tinkering, I'd hate to see you get it all mocked up in place and then have to re-do everything.

Cool idea, hope you can make it work. Keep chain line in mind when you are tinkering, I'd hate to see you get it all mocked up in place and then have to re-do everything.

I'm thinking of jackshaft made of flip flop fixed gear hub. I know, there are two sprocketed ones available. It will keep the chain line, I hope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

this is one cool build man, cant wait to see more :)

I will be watching you Ratrussian. Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately i don't have enough time for build because of flat renovation. But ive got a lot of ideas for this bke and i hope at least third of it would be completed.
Meanwhile im gathering parts for the build.

Thanks for viewing. Cheers from sunny Russia!

haja2esa.jpg
vaqa9ahy.jpg
hu5ygybe.jpg
gyzuza9y.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Cool parts and doodads!
Is that one of those bolt on rear suspensions? Those are too cool!! I think someone used one of those in BO6 if I remember correctly.

Yeah, you're right, King. I accidentially bought one on russian craigslist analogue for just 900 roubles which is about 25 bucks. I think im going to cut it in two halves and use as front suspension.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back