First build won't die!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started this hobby around 2004, I knew I wanted to build something completely different. I found a site (bike rod n custom) that had customs on it. I decided to build my first bike. That was over 12 years ago. I had no idea what I was doing, and I still don't. Over the years it went through a number of transformations. I used it in the neighborhood a LOT. Occasionally I would throw it in a utility trailer or the back of a pick up (it never fit on a bike rack). The last 4 years it sat around. Last fall I decided to junk it, I never sell a bike I "created", the liability will come back to haunt you if someone gets hurt.. So last fall it went in the utility trailer, and spent the winter getting snowed on. In the Spring I brought it to a recycler...He wanted $10 to junk it...back in the trailer it went. Set it up as yard art, when the plants grew you couldn't see it any longer. Then the plants started dying! Wife said get it out!
Some of you may be aware I left this hobby a few years ago, but returned recently. I just built a scooter for the build off, that's the equivalent of entering a boat for the Indy 500...Anyway, now that I've actually built something again, I may want to start building more. Here's where that FIRST build comes in...It won't leave me alone! I hid it in the shed for years! I left it outside in the snow! I tried junking it! I tried burying it flowers!...It keeps calling me: Rebuild me....Rebuild me...Rebuild Me....REBUILD ME!
It's going to get rebuilt...Maybe a Winter BO.

I NEVER thought back in 2005 that I'd still be working on this bike!
I just want to keep a pictorial thread of where this bike has been......I'll shut up now.

Phase 1 2005
0012.JPG
033_04A.JPG
scan0002.jpg
scan0003.jpg

Phase 2 2009....The first forks I ever bent

001-17.JPG
002-15.JPG
006-5.JPG

This lasted 5 minutes
006.JPG

This lasted a few years.
009.JPG
012 - Copy.JPG

Phase 3...Chain of Fools

002-51.JPG
001-59.JPG
014-3.JPG

008.JPG

Phase 4...Rusted and froze up yard art
IMG_2438.JPG

Phase 5...Just beginning..Have no idea...Here it is sitting naked and a little rusted, waiting for a new life.

100_0190.JPG

I swear the handlebars are smiling at me!

100_0188.JPG

Last edited:
I figured out what I'm going to do with it. My neighbor across the street, his son does tractor pulls. I've known him for forty years. I'm going to make this bike into a John Deere bike, and give it to him. I know he'll use it riding around the pits at tractor pulls.
This is what he pulls with.

Jimmy.jpg

Latest posts

Back