First Build - Westgate Crusier

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first build. I've been lurking around and buying parts for a while now over the last month or so started my first build. I bought a Worksman frame set from a member on here and then got a Cranbrook donor for the wheels, handle bars and crank.

So here is what I started with.
WorksmanFrame.jpg

Donor bike after part I needed removed
Donorbike.jpg

Frame after Paint
WorksmanFrame-1.jpg

Flat Black and Flat Green Apple

Colors are based on our neighborhood logo color Lime Green. I bought this frame over the summer thinking I would some day build a motorized broad track bike, but now plan to just build a ridable bike. Our neighborhood association formed a Bike Commission to work on bike trail issues in our area so that got me thinking about building a bike that has a neighborhood theme. I had a couple new head badges made.

2westgate1.jpg

The painted one will go on my Motorbike frame I hope to "restore" to more of a rider then original.

Here's the seat I bought off here that needed some help.

Seat3.jpg

Seat1.jpg

I stripped it down painted/cleaned the parts got some leather from a buddy

Seat40.jpg

And here it now

Seat4.jpg

Seat2.jpg

Now I need a rail clamp that will fit my new seat post. 3/4 size. PM me if you have one you are willing to part with.

IMG00470-20111026-1728.jpg

Thanks for looking

thirdcoastpeddler - The seat was fairly easy. My buddy owns a furniture repair shop and he helped me cover it.

OUTLAW - I'm like the color more and more

Now I need to figure out how to use these color on these new parts I just bought off here when they get here.

Fenders.jpg

MonarkChainGuard.jpg

Any ideas

Chain gaurd the lighter color with the inset painted the darkr color. Front fender the dark and the rear the light..contrast everything

I was thinking

Chain Guard: Black with the inset Apple Green

Fenders: Black with some sort of Design (maybe a "W") in the Apple Green. Nothing to fancy, i'm using Rustoleme Spray paint

Seat Post: Black with Apple Green Gusset

Started to paint the new Seat Post. The gusset will be green and the rest will be flat black, so I need to tape off the green and paint the black. maybe tonight

IMG00471-20111029-1022.jpg

I may have found the seat clamp I need, we will see.

Fenders are here and the front bolts right on but the back one will need some adjustments. Once they are adjust and the chain guard gets here then I will prep and paint them. the weather here is starting to get to cold to paint outside so I may have to wait until Spring.

Got the fenders and not sure i like the look. What do you guys think? Do I even need them. Would be nice to see with and with out a chain guard.

IMG00474-20111101-1430.jpg

i think the bike looks great with out the finder chioce you have they look a lil wierd as far the shape of the finders to the lines of the bike...just .2 cents.. i would keep it with out fenders ..

Well Fenders are out so what do you guys think about this Chain Guard?

IMG00476-20111103-1842.jpg

So those fenders will be up for sale soon.

What do you think about these chain guard?

IMG00477-20111103-1847.jpg

my plan would be paint it flat black with the inset part green. Does it look like it's up to high?

c3maddox said:
Well Fenders are out so what do you guys think about this Chain Guard?

IMG00476-20111103-1842.jpg

So those fenders will be up for sale soon.

What do you think about these chain guard?

IMG00477-20111103-1847.jpg

my plan would be paint it flat black with the inset part green. Does it look like it's up to high?
i deffinatly like the look of the chain gaurd the paint sound just about right but i think its to high also, lower it a bit and send in some pics :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back