First Build - Briggs Thing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there.
Congratulations on your build. It's lookin good.
I just went through your post rapidly.
Getting aftermarket parts for the Villiers is'nt hard. I live in Portugal and I got piston rings for my Villiers boardtracker (viewtopic.php?f=54&t=33749&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=300) real easy, fast and cheap.
Concerning your sheave mount I say be carefull, that is a lot of torque for the spokes. For example take a look at cobrafreak's or dowie's bikes and see how they did it. It's better to have sturdy parts on your bike when it comes to the drivechain.
How are you planning the fuel tank?
Keep going.

Thats what i figured, i didnt wanna stress the spokes too much, but then realised the Chinese kits use the same method. The sprocket will be bolted to them right at the very bottom where they go through the hub so hope fully it shall work. I'll take a look at the builds you suggested to get some ideas. Seeing as im only 14 and dont have a welder decent enough for doing pretty tank welds, i was considering using a old gas bottle. Ill post a photo if you like?

Oh sorry, im not using the sheave any more, i decided i wouldnt be able to get it to run true, i am fitting a sprocket to the wheel and using a chain secondary drive. There is some photos up there ^^ somewhere :p

I was planning on going BTR, they look awesome :D I havent really showed much skill yet.... just mock ups, but i have built a couple of bikes before this one.

Latest posts

Back