Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd Place) THANKS

Steve, Thanks for the recognition on the RRB Facebook page with the "RRB Bike of the Day" honor for Firewing. That's pretty darn cool!
EDIT: Or as one person from Germany posted on a share of the RRBBOTD - "Supergeil!" - Super Cool :)

IMG_2626_zps8f960133.jpg

heya kingfish
congrats on the second place win and the bike of the day, firewing is very deserving of such honors and then some
good luck
Sean

outskirtscustoms said:
Congrats on bike of the day!

Thanks!
Kinda wild that it got 500+ Likes and 200 Shares so far.
The really cool thing for me was digging through the comments on the shares and seeing that it was shared in Germany with a Supergeil (Super Cool) comment and then in Brazil where a lady commented "Perdi o fôlego com essa!! Linda demais " (Lost my breath with this!! Beautiful too!). It's just surreal about something I built getting a response like that in another language and country! WOW!!

deorman said:
I'd pop in and say you're welcome, but texasbigjohn snagged your vote from me. :mrgreen:

No worries, Psychotic Reaction was yet another timeless build from TBJ!

burrkrayecycles said:
heya kingfish
congrats on the second place win and the bike of the day, firewing is very deserving of such honors and then some
good luck
Sean

Thanks Sean! The nanner that I got from you really helped make the bike in my opinion.

NANNER BEFORE
0127131225_01_zpsf6d823db.jpg

NANNER AFTER
IMG_2400_zpsb1c09dfb.jpg

dracothered said:
The build turned out great and got my vote...

Thanks a ton buddy!!!!! That means a lot!!

kingfish254 said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Congrats on bike of the day!

Thanks!
Kinda wild that it got 500+ Likes and 200 Shares so far.
The really cool thing for me was digging through the comments on the shares and seeing that it was shared in Germany with a Supergeil (Super Cool) comment and then in Brazil where a lady commented "Perdi o fôlego com essa!! Linda demais " (Lost my breath with this!! Beautiful too!). It's just surreal about something I built getting a response like that in another language and country! WOW!!

Digging through the FB Shares of my BOTD and found that the RAT RODS RULE FB Page shared Firewing. https://www.facebook.com/ratrodsrule
From that page, there have been an additional 700 "Likes" and 100 "Shares". WOW! Wicked cool site too with a lot of inspiration!

Re: Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) 8/23 CHANGES

I am very proud of getting 2nd Place in BO8 with Firewing and I love the sleekness of the bike with the low upside down ramshorns and such.
The bike is fun to ride, but the riding position isn't ideal for my beer gut. It tends to get in the way of leaning over far enough.
So, in preparation for the Savannah Bicycle Campaign's Midnight Garden Ride at the end of this month. I am going to make some simple changes.
It's mostly just a bar change, but I feel it will change the feel of the build enough that I am dubbing this Firewing II.

You can follow the changes here :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=76185&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

WP_002725_zpse22da939.jpg

deorman said:
Looks better as well, to me anyway. :wink:

Most everyone like the new bars better, but I doubt it would have made any difference in the voting. :mrgreen:

Gold Street Customs said:
I will attest the upside down rams horn is a bit challenging to ride, but I do love those new bars you put on :wink:

Thanks man! If it wasn't for my beer gut it wouldn't be that hard, but I am really liking the look and the feel of the new bars. I tilted them down a bit based on feedback from others. The metal nanner is actually pretty comfy to. It's positioned just right for the new bars.

aaWP_0027482_zps0f32af3d.jpg

kingfish254 said:
burrkrayecycles said:
heya kingfish
good luck
Sean

Thanks Sean! The nanner that I got from you really helped make the bike in my opinion.

NANNER BEFORE

NANNER AFTER
IMG_2400_zpsb1c09dfb.jpg

man that nanner did go thru some serious changes i never realized how much work you did on it it looks awesome man

i do like the new bars look it gives firewing that laid back look looks quite comfy to ride as well although i like the rams horns too

burrkrayecycles said:
i do like the new bars look it gives firewing that laid back look looks quite comfy to ride as well although i like the rams horns too

I like them both. The inverted ramshorns were a styling exercise, but the cross bars are just as you described, laid back and comfy.

burrkrayecycles said:
kingfish254 said:
burrkrayecycles said:
heya kingfish
good luck
Sean

NANNER BEFORE

NANNER AFTER
IMG_2400_zpsb1c09dfb.jpg

man that nanner did go thru some serious changes i never realized how much work you did on it it looks awesome man

Mostly just filler and paint on the nanner itself, but a lot of redneck engineering was used to come up with the hidden seat supports and adapting a working springer to it. It 's actually quite comfy too.

Re: Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) 8/26 ChangesRADIO

Here is a VIDEO of the mounted 1949 Tom Thumb Bike Radio and iPod Shuffle. It sounds better that the cell phone camera picks up.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO PLAY VIDEO

Re: Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) 8/26 ChangesRADIO

that radiois sweet!!!
it fits firewing 2 perfectly and what better song to be playing then free ride!!
perfect song for a cruiser
makes me wanna get my onex radiobike built up
Sean

Latest posts

Back