Firewalkers "Pic-A-nick" Cruiser! DONE! but not in

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sun came out today so I thought it would be a good day to get some better pic

IMG_2169.jpg

I was able to find this cool side view mirror from a HD

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

I hope to have the rims on soon. There are only a few more things left to do then she is done!!

FW

The rims are done!!! I was able to rebuild/ pack the hubs before work and at lease mount the two front tires. I love the colour but now having second thoughts about the material on the seat?????

what so you think of this colour! Its chryler's new colour line! Its called "Good to go!"

Sorry its rainning here! so no real good shots :cry: this colour is UNREAL in the sun!.........Kev was floored :shock: :mrgreen:

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

the tires I got were free/ trade for some uhpolstery work and are BMX 2.125

once I get the back tire together and on. The bike will have a forward rake to it. :D

I also removed the front brakes......the pads will rub the paint off........not a big problem the rear is a coaster! In its place I found big black LED headlights just like the chrome ones (pics to fallow) one for each side.

only a few more things left to do and a few more add on's .....Kev has also made some great ideas I would like to go with so time will tell.

Great job to the reast of you out there....there are going to be some great rides next summer!

FW

That paint is awesome....and yes, I'm afraid you're going to have to find some fabric to match those wheels! :shock:

man!!!! those ramp tires look sweet. the rims are bad with them big hubs. i agree with steve on the seat, it would look nice with a close match strip of color on it.

looks good

The color on the seat matches the strap around the basket though, right? Looks cool to me. Or, you can always just go with a black strap / seat.

your right i didn't look i guess but the belt could be color matched too :mrgreen:

man the work on this bike is insanely good...i have to say tho....its still an ugly bike in mho. just can imagine wanting to go for a criuse on it.....

sorry...if u care lol...

hey thanks for your input guys!

Kingpin....no man that s cool! it took me a while to warm up to it aswell lolol

The bike was givin to me with the sole purpose to be made custome! It will be done by Friday so it can go on display at a LBS Maple Ridge Cycles, Saturday Morning!

Markm wrote
Kev who???

lol I said the same thing to him when he was over the other day....wait till you see what he had for the bike :shock: :mrgreen:

Man that is a cool ride!!! You've got one of the best if not the best paint jobs in the buildoff!! That took a lot of time to do. The wheels and color are awesome!!! I like the wheels out front like that. Sure could haul some real weight and bet it handles really great. It's sure got museum quality detailng. Great Job!!! Thanks!!!

If memory serves me right...he dismissed this bike from the build off because of his desire to have the bike powdercoated.

Is this correct Murray?

Yes Steve you are right! I pulled the bike out a long time ago...it was just easier to keep posting here as the build went on!

There are many things that as time when on I pushed and passed the rules of this Build off. Its just the way I build things I guess :mrgreen:

I'm not one to table a bike twice!

once it is all done I'll explain in detail the changes

I'm still posting here to show how it has continued :D At the end of all this I would still love to hear all good and bad about this build. There are many more pictures to come.

I must say....I do look forward to a all out!!! no holds bar!!!! build off! if nothing else it would be a great one to watch :shock:

thanks all FW

first day off today so I wanted to get a few things done!

Kev dropped by the other day aka 'Clothes pin-in'....I gave him a touch about not being around much....but could not say too much for he came bearing gifts. :shock:

A much better sproket than the one on the bike! :shock: :mrgreen:
IMG_2300.jpg

this one is C+C and an all around better match to the bike!

IMG_2302.jpg

many of you are famillar with the over size BMX chain....yes/no.... well I had to have it for this bike...it just looks right!

IMG_2304.jpg

man does it look mean! almost like motorcycle chain :lol:

here is a look at a few sides

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

I still have not found the peddles that I would like nor the handle bar grips....

Kev says the colour of the seat and the strap look great with the bike. its the flash that makes the tan look lighter than it appear :?

FW

DUDE YOU SHOULD PUT A TRIKE CONVERSION KIT ON THAT! THAT WOULD BE SAWWEEET! Iloove it as is though. I would get a diffrent seat though.. Get some new style chrome and black bow peddals and paint the chrome the same as the rims.. I love this bike. That sprock its awesome.

Latest posts

Back