RRBBO13 Firestone Featherweight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this frame at a swap meet a couple of years back and wanted to make a fun cruiser 3 speed out of it.
7fd22bf1942e078ff876bf6c1ed92509.jpg

Last edited:
I think that is Rollfast built. I love the guard graphics.

Super sweet featherweight don't see many like this :thumbsup:.

Great starting point! Another yooper build underway! RaT oN~!

The chain guard to keep original paint, but some other rust may be blended into the faded blue color. Short of like the old trucks on "Man the the High Castle" tv show. You know, a well worn work vehicle vs a vehicle worn out a long time ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Such a cool frame and graphics!

I had to google "Man the High Castle" tv show but I think rubbing it down with a soft rag and WD40 would bring the paint to life and give you the look you're after.

Last edited:
Organizing the bearing in head and bottom brackets. Pictures in bearing assembly order before degreasing...that’s to RJ the bike guy.
31e6ea179b6a256d809010ed5ca2abbe.jpg
9b240de0dbb7647aac97675129e91afd.jpg
5d6a7cf3670aafbccc9794160d43b969.jpg
81a850af00f82dc165e3009dcaa2e8f0.jpg

The bearings all look good for 60 year old bike. They are just gucky and dry.

I am amazed at Rollfast caps on the bearings verses the typical bearing washers. This includes both the bottom and head sets.

Last edited:
The bearings all look good for 60 year old bike. They are just gucky and dry. Anyways to the purple power degreaser with them.

Last edited:
I am amazed at Rollfast caps on the bearings verses the typical bearing washers. This includes both the bottom and head sets.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back