Firebolt Build for my Dad (DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Picked this bike up in early Summer. It's a 1962 Columbia Firebolt :D Finally today, my Dad says he wants me to clean it for next Summer :roll: Okay, I'll do it :D So my plans are to try and give it a Steve clean (make it look like brand new :mrgreen: ) These are some old pics :| Progress pics tomorrow :wink: By the way each wheel is bent and looks like someone did a bunny hop on them :x
017qb.jpg

018ov.jpg

019bg.jpg

Re: Firebolt Build for my Dad

Got pics because I had to take a pic of something else for a member :wink: Polished the chainguard real good and it looks nice :shock:
169cv.jpg

170kg.jpg

Chainguard
166p.jpg

168j.jpg

Cool bike! Can't wait to see it cleaned up. Heres a shot of mine and it still looks just like the photo. It's on my list of things to do :mrgreen:

SimpleMan said:
Cool bike! Can't wait to see it cleaned up. Heres a shot of mine and it still looks just like the photo. It's on my list of things to do :mrgreen:

I wish I had a tank :( Cool bike too :wink:

UPDATE :D
I polished it real good and it looks really nice :mrgreen: I'll get outside pics next weekend when I have the wheels and tires :wink:
001dcp.jpg

Very shiny...at least in person :roll:
003sid.jpg

Before
005wpn.jpg

After :shock:
004fyc.jpg

Re: Firebolt Build for my Dad (UPDATE)

DSC02944.jpg

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I think these are cool frames. So here a photo of my firebolt

Re: Firebolt Build for my Dad (UPDATE 1-1)

UPDATE 1-1
Lost a bolt for the chainguard :x :x The aluminum on the fender struts came out nice :shock: All I need are wheels and tires :D
021zr.jpg

022ep.jpg

023cz.jpg

He'll be telling everyone: " Look what my son did for me!".....That's what life is all about, doing "stuff" for other people. COOL bike!

Thank's fellas :D Larry, my Dad probably would say that to everyone :mrgreen: I hope I get some business to restore :mrgreen:

Anyone have 26 inch wheels, 20 teeth on rear hub, coaster brake :?:

DONE
The bike is all done :wink: Thanks to KOTA for the awesome tires :D I had to take the front fender off because it was rubbing, but it gives it that "hot rod" look :mrgreen: I might have to get some wider bars form my Dad because he really doesn't fit on it :roll: :lol:
The bike with me:the builder
005vsx.jpg

The bike :p
006txy.jpg

007dkm.jpg

008bbx.jpg

NICE!!

You should be proud od that bike! I like the white tires you put on it....2 Thumbs up!

Lonewolf said:
That's an awesome thing you did for your dad.

Bike is 100% cool!!!
Thank you :D I like it A LOT, reminds me of a hot rod for some reason :mrgreen:

Gotta say-the Firebolt is one of the coolest bikes EVER! You did real good by it, and even gave me some ideas for mine...great job!!!

Latest posts

Back