Finished with your BO11 build, what's next?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started cleaning on this and taking inventory of what it needs. 72 Super. Was autostick converted to 4 speed. Pans are solid. Haven't tried to fire it yet. Been sitting since 07. Does anyone know if a hood from a 72 standard will fit on a 72 super?
001.JPG
003.JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG
012.JPG
015.JPG

Started cleaning on this and taking inventory of what it needs. 72 Super. Was autostick converted to 4 speed. Pans are solid. Haven't tried to fire it yet. Been sitting since 07. Does anyone know if a hood from a 72 standard will fit on a 72 super? View attachment 31485 View attachment 31484 View attachment 31486 View attachment 31490 View attachment 31491 View attachment 31492
I just answered my own question on the standard hood on a 72 super. No bueno.

thinking of next years buildoff already :D and trying to find someone to buy all my early 28" bikes in one shot

Well I have a ton to do. I just bought this thing. The junipers in the front yard took over. I have to dig them up, turn them into bonsai and plant them in the backyard. I then have to terrace the front yard, build a fountain, plant an agave smack centered on the front doors, add both solar and low voltage lighting, design the landscaping, plant it install, install drip irrigation and organize the garage.

7a999e0d900f2d6407e0ba822402fe5c.jpg

My friend gave me a 29er for scrap. It's not a Felt so I will have to go in a different direction with it.

- by Gigmata

Also...
twiddle my wrenches. sort out my grease tubs by viscosity, rotate the air in my cruiser tires, align all the screw drivers in my toolbox to N by NE, shuffle the bins of random nuts n bolts to bring all the vintage steel to the top. and rearrange my sandpaper collection from very fine to notso fine.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Last edited:
lets see...got some parts bikes together for the MB buildoff. yeah boyyy.
Finally finished putting together my '99 Pro Beach Hermosa Cruiser (Huffy) that's been sitting in parts for about 8 months...love that bike.

got a few other bikes (couple of BMX and a OP roller cruiser) all spiffed up and up on CList, tryin' to clear out some room, make a few dollars

Thinking about how to build the worlds most interesting bike...but that's like an every day intrusive thought. o_O

and. ... since it seems like trailer painting time..I'm repainting my little bike hauler, (storage shed on wheels)that I built last year...
I just slapped whatever paint I could find on it last year, and it's not really holding up that well in Florida heat and humidity...so I'm scraping that down and putting on some good quality shtufff.
jipdonnadriveway3.jpg

franco

lets see...got some parts bikes together for the MB buildoff. yeah boyyy.
Finally finished putting together my '99 Pro Beach Hermosa Cruiser (Huffy) that's been sitting in parts for about 8 months...love that bike.

got a few other bikes (couple of BMX and a OP roller cruiser) all spiffed up and up on CList, tryin' to clear out some room, make a few dollars

Thinking about how to build the worlds most interesting bike...but that's like an every day intrusive thought. o_O

and. ... since it seems like trailer painting time..I'm repainting my little bike hauler, (storage shed on wheels)that I built last year...
I just slapped whatever paint I could find on it last year, and it's not really holding up that well in Florida heat and humidity...so I'm scraping that down and putting on some good quality shtufff.
View attachment 31910

franco
Yes this Florida heat is not easy on any thing . Been tough on he body also it definitely slows down the out door project. Cool littlest trailer good luck getting it back in shape ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes this Florida heat is not easy on any thing . Been tough on he body also it definitely slows down the out door project. Cool littlest trailer good luck getting it back in shape ...

yeah, I'll say...been a hot one eh G- ?
work outside in breezeway with a standing fan going all day....shorts are soaked to the skin in about 10 minutes....haha....

trailers lookin' good...Enough putty and paint could fool a saint

best
franco

Didnt make the build off this year, but this is my wifes birthday present, I still need to get some tires and pick up.View attachment 31364

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
Man, I wish my wife wanted one of those! Of course, if we ended up with one it would be a shame to just let it sit....or sell it....without bringing it to full Rat-isfaction :grin:

Camper paint job update
e3d58d0a0f19e728089b0714987833b5.jpg
e408ba9d4f8609b6196b38eac0c540be.jpg

Love the tri-tone G! That thing looks sweet enough to pull up to Minnesota one of these sticky summers in FL. Also, Sept is beautiful here....

I am still spiffing up the BACK40 shed. Found a gem on CL last week. I've always wanted an 'ice box' to use as the off-grid fridge in the shed. This guy was pulled from a vintage camper and is in mint condition! And...super cheap!

It fits right in after some modification. Heading out to find a block of ice now for a 'test' later on this afternoon....

20160818_100950.jpg
20160818_100914.jpg
20160818_122740.jpg
20160818_122942.jpg

I am still spiffing up the BACK40 shed. Found a gem on CL last week. I've always wanted an 'ice box' to use as the off-grid fridge in the shed. This guy was pulled from a vintage camper and is in mint condition! And...super cheap!

It fits right in after some modification. Heading out to find a block of ice now for a 'test' later on this afternoon....

View attachment 31989 View attachment 31988 View attachment 31990 View attachment 31991
That way coooool don't forget to grab a 12 pack of grain belt [emoji1303]

That way coooool don't forget to grab a 12 pack of grain belt [emoji1303]

Got one last night G.....all set. The latch is firm, rubber solid all the way around the door....I have high hopes! Even drilled a hole in the floor of the BACK40 for the rubber drain hose to run out on the gravel below....:nod:

Oj sounds like you got a good plan . Now it turning into a man cave .

Backed out on my trailer, more rot than anticipated

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back