Finding stuff while riding

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, been noticing those little co2 cartridges all over for some time, now they are showing up on my street. My dead end street.
Are people using these to get a momentary, "high?"
I'm going to be getting them some magnesium and a lighter, or call the cops.
Frightening to think, some people are inhaling something to render them unconscious while DRIVING!
WOW-we have my 2 children, across the street is a foster home with 6-8 kids, and 2 neighborhood drunks that take turns sleeping on the street. (Explain that to a 9 year old)
If this is the case and I end up hit by some huffer, they best hope I die.

Ok guys, been noticing those little co2 cartridges all over for some time, now they are showing up on my street. My dead end street.
Frightening to think, some people are inhaling something to render them unconscious while DRIVING!
WOW-we have my 2 children, across the street is a foster home with 6-8 kids, and 2 neighborhood drunks that take turns sleeping on the street. (Explain that to a 9 year old)

My first thought was Whippits. Kids load them into balloons, then inhale for a super short, weird, nitrous oxide rush.

My first thought was Whippits. Kids load them into balloons, then inhale for a super short, weird, nitrous oxide rush.
I know i might be in squidbilly land now!!! People too stupid to hold their breath!!!!! I will be happy to help them catch a, ,"buzz!"

Today on my ride, I found something that truly perplexed me! Something needed, and immediately noticed if missing, that you couldn't leave without.
So I rode past, my mind rejecting this, then the questions start!
What?
Who?
When?
Why?
HOW?

20140526_184510_zpsd983ea22.jpg

I remember once when I was around 8 years old I found a gun on the railroad tracks. Old beat to heck revolver and didn't look operable but I called police anyway to come pick it up. That was probably the one that sticks in my mind as the most unusual.

Other than that I have found bikes and bike parts, tools, pocket knives, scrap metal, wheelchairs, power chairs, a golf cart body, mopeds and moped parts, furniture, appliances, BBQ grills, and now that I think of it I found my first car while riding my bike. A 1970 Mustang Mach One that I got for free just had to pull it out of the creek... If I'd have known how rusted out it was I'd have left it there...

Also found my current vehicle my 1980 Dodge B-100 riding but I had to pay for it.

My wife found $800 along the local bike trail last month. eight bills in the grass. As she kept traveling down the trail she saw a couple patting them selves down. The woman had a sweater tied around her waist. My wife figured she lost the contents of her pockets when she took the top off an tied it around her waist. My wife asked if they were missing something. Yep. 800 in rent payments just collected nearby. sigh.
No offer of a reward either.

They are lucky someone honest found it. $800 is a lot of money to a lot of people, most are not so honest.

I Just remembered when I lived on a street called dogwood something another in Ocala FL back in the early 1990's. I found VCR's that when dried worked and once I found a go cart frame with the steering wheel & column but no wheels or engine.

I wished I kept it but when I moved to another house in Ocala I left it.

there are those bb guns/pistols that use co2 and kids posibly shooting the guns around?

there are those bb guns/pistols that use co2 and kids posibly shooting the guns around?
Man, it'd be like a BB holocaust if that were the case!
Up the road, on a known, "drunk route," there are around 15 a mile. Chilling.
Heard from a friend of a friend, her husband got caught at Wallmart doing them. In the store. Passing out and arrested! I hear he is soon to be divorced!

Well, we have all found all sorts of stuff along the road but the fully assembled and functioning torch above has got to be among the more unusual. But I can imagine one being lost along the roads around here after thinking about it. So many farmers, oil field workers, various repair crews.... and such in my area that might have one on a service truck or pickup not secured properly and bouncing around. Scary thought.

Hand tools and heavy duty fasteners, including various hitch pins, for machinery are the majority of what I've found. The only odd and usable items I can remember finding right now was a couple of sections of Rohn 25 antenna Z tower (including a top section) in a creek, almost full box of 12 gauge #8 bird shot beside the road, and a older made in U.S.A. hand garden trial that I use to this day.

Latest posts

Back