RRBBO13 Ferrous Bueller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DR-QGT0XkAMKhR8.jpg
DR-QGT0XkAMKhR8.jpg

Haven't had any time in the garage since the build off started but I moved some parts around last night. All I know so far is there is iron involved and I'll be working on it on my time off.

Last edited:
IMG_1154.JPG

I've got this frameset I picked up from @CannonCam. I put some wheels from an old build on it and I think it looks like a good place to start. I thought it was an matching frameset but the red on the fork is throwing it off. Was hoping to keep the paint but we'll see... maybe I can just touch up the red (can't mess with the QUOISE!).

Depending on what direction you take the build, I like the way the Berm Masters look!
I thought it was an matching frameset but the red on the fork is throwing it off. Was hoping to keep the paint but we'll see... maybe I can just touch up the red (can't mess with the QUOISE!).
Distressed flat black might look good in place of the red on the fork. You definitely don't need to change the quoise.

*You see @Chad T , qouise is a word! ;)

Sweet starting point for sure.
I just noticed your play on words in the title
Build on Sausage King!

Tb4c.gif

Last edited:
E15C8B6C-04F9-4B7D-B4B5-36D48CD54402.jpeg

Hopefully I didnt blow ALL my luck in my first 24 hours because it shouldnt be this easy. I remembered I scored this ladies springer at copake a few weeks ago and I remembered it having a pale blue fender so I dug it out for a second look and whataya know.

And that knarly front tire reminds me of the tires on your OddJob Award winning build in BO 10. In fact, this build might garner you the first and only repeat winner of the OJA. Just don't apply any new paint..... ;)

Perfect match! One of the great things about those beehives is that both the ladies and mens are the same headtube/steertube size.

Sweet starting point for sure.
I just noticed your play on words in the title
Build on Sausage King!

Tb4c.gif
you guys are in big trouble if I take the time to code a bunch of silly replies in here man. I don't even remember what the bicycle looks like right now but I am already loving it

Wow, how do you forget that you have a cool beehive fork laying around? :43:

That's perfect!

Didn't forget I had it, just forgot (never noticed) the paint matched! Then again, I never noticed the original fork's red paint didn't match either. I guess details aren't my thing....

Anyway, on to the details!

B7C4CB44-3D1C-4927-A854-F35B62AA993D.jpeg
B150BDEC-57F6-41E9-8B79-055DB0396C43.jpeg
6C01386E-7F06-455A-947F-6A830B42C030.jpeg

Swapped out the bars for these pre war Columbia bars with the crossbar. The shape was almost identical but hey, crossbar.

Installation Tip #1
Gotta take the bolt out and persuade the stem on past the crimped weld.

Installation Tip #2
Make sure the stem is in the right orientation before you tap tap tap this past, or you'll have to tap tap tap it off and do it again... so I've heard... I'd never do something dumb like that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back