FENIX- Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I’ve come to a halt…I need to stop and get back to the commitments I made to my wife. My daughter is moving back home this weekend (after flying the nest 18 years ago). So I’ll need to focus on the projects around the house for her return.

There’s not much more I can do on the bike until the rims show up…I do have my 26" fat tire bike (below) I build late last year as to the width of the stays.

..but I still need the 24 x 100mm rims for an accurate measurement. You can see that using the narrowed rim/ with that e-motor, there’s not much space for a 100mm (green dotted lines) rim and tire!

I thought you might be going with an electric build after you experience with that fat bike and our talks last year.
Now you'll have an electric fat limo in your stable. May the Fat Be With You.

Good luck with the house projects.
I definitely want to see the wide wheels

I thought you might be going with an electric build after you experience with that fat bike and our talks last year.
Now you'll have an electric fat limo in your stable. May the Fat Be With You.

I'm still not sure about going the electric route…the problem for me is where to place the battery so its not so inconspicuous? I guess I could tuck it under the seat?

Good luck with the house projects.

I just returned from Home Depot and I have a huge delivery for this Friday! Which means I have a few stress-free days that I can work on Fenix.

I was thinking of this car but its a little different indeed
97d5a3d1abc324dd7632e9e9e35eea55.jpg

Its still sleek and beautiful...I love Bugatti’s! I was fortunate to see many rare ones collectively at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in 1985. The most memorable ones were six Royales all showcased together for the first (and only) time. The price of a Royal was $30,000 in 1930 (this was at the height of the Great Depression). Only 6 Royals were ever produced and all six were there that day! It was possibly the single greatest gathering of priceless automobiles ever.

Bugatti has designed the 2 most beautiful cars I have ever seen.
Atlantic Type 57 and the Veyron 16.4
I bleed FORD BLUE but when form meets function and the by-product is performance, who can argue?

Love the frame. I've got a similar frame trike myself. Will be following.

Holy schnickeys that's a big trike. I too am planning a velomobile

Latest posts

Back