FENIX- Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always dug how you are not afraid to throw odd parts together. That's part of the fun of this hobby.

I have never liked the notchback of that frame, so your mockup is an improvement to me.

I agree, the Micargi rear really flows nicely with the top bar on that frame.

My rims arrived yesterday. I'm inspired to do something unique with them…maybe hubless rims?

HUBLESS!!!!:eek::eek:
OH YEAH!!! This is getting even more fun!!!

Hubless rims would be awesome, I have no clue how to build them but really wish I did.

Oh yeah... hubless is on my radar and will definately get done a some point. I've seen it done a few different ways and have my own ideas, so I'm keen to see what you come up with.

Glen.

My new direction with hubless wheels will take me a minute to figure out. I want to keep the same bike, but just make it more edgy!

This thread shows how Dodgysam (another New Zealand member) did his hubless front wheel and might help you with your design…

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-scratch-built-slambike.91490/#post-901005

There are others on here that have done hubless too I seem to recall, so a search should bring them up if you haven't already done so.

Glen.

So don't take this the wrong way, I applaud your ambitious attitude, but I while were on the topic of hubless wheels I had to share this bit by blogger bikesnobnyc. Its funny 'cause its true!
...if you look at pretty much any designer concept bike you'll notice they all have two things in common: Firstly, they're idiotic; and secondly, they never have hubs. So why is the hub the one thing all futuristic bicycle designers want to eliminate? Well, on one level, I suspect that this is because the traditional bicycle wheel is probably the most functionally elegant part of the functional and elegant machine known as the traditional bicycle. Naturally, then, if you're bent on destroying the functional elegance of that machine simply for cheap thrills you should hone in on its best part.

You can read the whole post here.http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2010/03/jumping-through-hoops-what-does.html I read this several years ago and reading it again I'm still laughing.

Since I'm going down an unknown path with hubless wheels, I had to rethink incorporating an electric hub motor. My LBS came to my rescue again and donated this mid-drive Stokemonkey. It's small in comparison but can produce about 4 times the torque as the popular hub motors.

Latest posts

Back