FENIX- Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A different twist on the name of the mythology bird that regenerates new life from the ashes. I hope to do the same with this Micargi frame I picked up at a swap meet a few weeks ago.

I like the twist on the name. What's the origin?

So with the Micargi rear end removed, I decided to make a few modifications utilizing two abandoned bikes i had lying around for their parts. I chopped the Wally Beast for its wide rear end and the Schwinn OCC for its 100mm bottom bracket.

After cutting, fabricating and doing a mock up today with the many bike parts...I've decided to go in a entirely different direction.
Wow! Just nine days in and playing the one change card? You must have a cool new direction! Looking forward to the new one. Are you changing the name also?

I'm still not sure about going the electric route…the problem for me is where to place the battery so its not so inconspicuous? I guess I could tuck it under the seat?

I just returned from Home Depot and I have a huge delivery for this Friday! Which means I have a few stress-free days that I can work on Fenix.
I like the battery under the seat idea. If you plan to skin the bike like the aluminum clad motorcycle the batteries can go anywhere beneath the skin. Also, if it won't make it too low mount the batteries beneath the chain stays with some sort of shield in front & if you wish, behind them. This would provide a lower look to the bike. The last place I have to suggest is on the handlebars as a cross-bar.

Have fun with the projects around the house.

- Gig

- by Gigmata

Wow! Just nine days in and playing the one change card? You must have a cool new direction! Looking forward to the new one. Are you changing the name also?

i'm not changing bikes…just the direction

I liked the thread the way it was going,so I'll have to pay attention even more now. But then again I'm a HOBO by nature and sometimes you just have to change direction,as we've learned in the past terminus isn't always the best place to go.

Latest posts

Back