• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fender ornaments

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are certainly reproductions of trench art, The OP evidently found one on ebay and here are two more...leads me to believe there are many more examples like this. Trench art was generally unique, I have not heard of any soldiers mass producing the exact same trench art. lol. They are basically worthless except as a decoration which they will be.

There are actually a few different categories of Trench Art.
1.Soldier Made
2.POW/Internee Made
3.Civilian Made
4.Commercial
These would likely be of the 'commercial' variety that would have made use of the tons of military surplus after the war itself. But I don't know for sure, they could be cat. 2 or 3 as well.
I can imagine a lot of kids having these as toys after the war, having possibly given up their own toys and bikes for the war effort in the first place.
They are great decorative items (and wicked fender ornaments) and likely era correct which is totally cool.
I'm wondering if the silver plane may be plated over copper shells? Nickel maybe?
I also think this was a square deal between members.
EBAY Pricing of $139 is just Koo Koo Man.

Thanks for offering the planes on the forum AeroBee5 and Crazy Dave(buyer?), I hope you will put 'em to use on a bike so we can see them again.

Here's a bit of info to share on the subject:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trench_art

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back