felt hydroform frame dimensions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking at a felt chief. I really have fallen in love with its lines. But i want to go a step further. I want to put 26x3 tires on this frame. Would this be possible? Up front i figure a new set of forks, possibly abraham spinger style would accomodate this size? Also what about the rear? would this be possible there as well? If not any way to extend the rear other than cutting and rewelding the aluminum? maybe some sort of bracket? Im a newbie to this but very handy and have built a long list other items but first bike, other than scavaging bikes from dumps when i was younger. So any suggestions or thoughts?

Hey Ken,
Welcome to the forum.

The stock Chief frame without fenders will accept 26x3 tires mounted on 50mm rims without modification.

Do note that the US market Chief frame is made of steel. The quick way to tell the difference between the steel and aluminum Felt cruiser frames is to note that the steel frame has a narrow tank and the aluminum frame has a chubby tank. Have a look at this thread for a million pics of stock and custom Felt cruisers: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16855

Good luck with your build and be sure to post some pictures when you have it together. 8)

Steel frame:
DSC00681.jpg

Aluminum frame:
DSC00682.jpg

Awesome! And thanks. I can't wait to get started. Just wished I could take a test ride before I pulled the trigger. May send out a CL request to see if anyone has one I could test ride on the area. Thanks again.

kenfyoozed said:
Awesome! And thanks. I can't wait to get started. Just wished I could take a test ride before I pulled the trigger. May send out a CL request to see if anyone has one I could test ride on the area. Thanks again.

If you like the frame design, you will like the way they ride. :mrgreen:

So Eric, I haven't seen full pics of the flying sue with the thick bricks. Do you have any posted around here?

Latest posts

Back