Felt El Guapo 10/13 Lamborghini

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Felt El Guapo 6/8 Sprocket issue and Streamers

I added teh Electra red leather streamers a while back, but I haven't ridden my El Guapo for a while. I still don't know what to do about the rear sprocket. Typically these have a lock ring on them. Well mine has an offest sprocket and instead of a lockring it has a threaded ring and that ring threads on counterclockwise. The issue that this presents is that as I pedal the bike the torque can cause the ring to unscrew. Has anyone seen this issue before. I have the right freewheel tool to fit the ring and I just tightened the heck out of it before the ride.

should there be a locking tab washer behind the nut . If not I would make one for it

Took the El Guapo out for a ride a few weeks back. Couldn't resist a photo with this Lambo.
WP_20130921_18_38_06_Pro_zps7d39fcda.jpg

Excellent bike, and great scenery too. It's like the roaming gnome.

SWEET El Guapo! I have always loved the ride of the Felt cruisers, not sure if it's the wider wheels or the 12g spokes, but the ride is smooth and solid compared to other bikes.

I forgot about that. I love Terry66's WF Jet Tanker and felt that the lines of the EG somewhat mimicked Terry's build.

wfhr24.jpg

heya kingfish
terry has some awesome bikes i love this one and his hot rod Higgins build
you're el gaupo actually inspired me to build my 29 er bobber style the el gaupo is a sweet looking bike.
id love to see you paint the tanks up for it
Sean

Yeah I see your point but I also think they're quite different bikes, different colour scheme, different design on the chain guard...
maybe you're right, sell me that chain guard! :lol: :wink:

Silverbeach said:
What do you know about the headlight you took off?

I really don't remember. It's sitting in a box somewhere. I never used it yet.

This was a fun bike 5 years ago

What is really cool is that I sold this back to the original guy that initially traded it to me. So it made a coast to coast round trip.

If you don't want a particular model just get a frame and build around it! I'd love to see what you come up with.

I have a aluminum Surf City frame to do just that. This was just a test fit for a wheel/tire. Whenever I do build this, that paint will change and who knows what else.

71296998_960557597618858_1406120572714221568_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back