Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trial fit of my new bars, need longer cables and having a bit of bother getting my twist shift over the thick powdercoat but I will get there, look a lot better once I get the grips etc back on, and a nice light fitted when I find one I like!

Have you thought of using an accessory mount and attach your shifter to that? I've done that before and it looked and worked great. No longer cable was required. For safety, I would keep the brakes mounted on the bars like you planned to do.

Yup will try the longer cable for now and maybe file the inside of the twistshift or bar first as i am broke as i would have to buy the mount, shifter, new grips etc and i just aint got any money left after getting my bars and some trick lights from germany.

Yup will try the longer cable for now and maybe file the inside of the twistshift or bar first as i am broke as i would have to buy the mount, shifter, new grips etc and i just aint got any money left after getting my bars and some trick lights from germany.
I literally own 3 of everything you listed you needed and don't plan on using any of it. If I should get a reason to visit Europe I will get a parts list from your first.

- by Gigmata

Trial fit of my new bars, need longer cables and having a bit of bother getting my twist shift over the thick powdercoat but I will get there, look a lot better once I get the grips etc back on, and a nice light fitted when I find one I like!

Proper looking bars mate, brilliant

dezzie said:

I like the look of it..nice job..must be a comfy ride

very comfy, but I have decided they tweek my wrist a bit as they are wide so I am going to chop an inch off either side as my hands feel comfy a bit closer together, there a bit flexy that wide as they are like big levers, right side is pretty scratched up as the powdercoat is so thick I have scratched it trying to get my lever and twistshift back on, I have had to dremel the inside of both just to get them on and its still tight, but the scratches will be hidden by the grips etc when they get refitted soon as I get new longer cables fitted!

wonder if anyone can come up with a combined seatpost clamp, but with an extension out the back to mount a shifter lever, .... I have good ideas but know skills/money or machinery, I could make a fortune lol!

wonder if anyone can come up with a combined seatpost clamp, but with an extension out the back to mount a shifter lever, .... I have good ideas but know skills/money or machinery, I could make a fortune lol!
You can use a seat clamp that has a mount for a rear rack. You can use washers, a piece of PVC pipe and a nut or two to attach the shifter there. The fast way is to attach an accessory mount, about 20GBP, to your seat post and mount the shifter to it.

- by Gigmata

Time for 2 more Felts
a3e678f25509fca4b8a96bfe85078e41.jpg

The frame on the left is "Skip." The frame on the right is "Mata-fied." Neither will be mistaken for the bike on the right. My thanks to WAAG automotive for two more sweet powder coating jobs.
451240594db795c46ffc1b87982f0696.jpg

Here are some of the parts that I plan to use for "Mata-fied." It is a fraternal twin to Switch-a-too. You'll notice the JC Higgins chain guard, Schwinn handlebars, Felt cranks, front fender as a rear fender, drop stand, KMC chain. The rims and tires (not pictured) came from junkyrustybikes.co. The forks are courtesy of Firebikes.com and the silver pedals and diamond rear light are units from eBay. Once again, I am copying of my own paper by using a face shield as a number plate. The decals came from my go-to supplier, diylettering.com.
8f93dbc1998a1405a7f72edee2e47253.jpg

87faf6a73d5b0006cb45663caf6ece9b.jpg

5bb316e224f86cbc00430877da64ddbd.jpg

3a00f1ab51631b6bbf5fd0f54ed40abd.jpg

bc9170a2248d2e9b9f305a8cf27ff092.jpg

- by Gigmata

Last edited:
Yes. Cannondale came up with this idea over 10 years ago and if I check I bet it is over 15. The fork, steerer tube, and rims set me back a ton. Those things cost more than the rest of the bike (nearly.)

- by Gigmata

My 2 Kustom felt flyers. Just finished the black and red one yesterday. It started life as a 2011 New Belguim Fat Tire Ale bike but the previous owner didn't like the Dark Red so he had it powder coated gloss black. I bought the frame and fork, seat & wheel/tire set when he was parting it out. I had my friend Hot Rod Heuy do the red scroll work pinstriping to it and I used a set of Antique Red Felt 55m wheels I had. Bars are Nirve Straight Apes. Seat is Felt 1903. The black and white is a pretty stock 2007 Felt Flyer, only I didn't like the white narrow wheels so I replaced them with the 55m Flat Black ones that came off the NB Felt, and replaced the white bars with black.

Man, you waste no time do you? I'm still putting my 1903 together and I'm not even doing a full custom like these. Just a clean up, new wheels and chain. Just not enough time with a 6 yr. old in little league. I just try and make the best with what little time I do have. I really enjoy tinkering around with the bikes, it's very relaxing.

Man, you waste no time do you? I'm still putting my 1903 together and I'm not even doing a full custom like these. Just a clean up, new wheels and chain. Just not enough time with a 6 yr. old in little league. I just try and make the best with what little time I do have. I really enjoy tinkering around with the bikes, it's very relaxing.
I am a wifeless, childless man just ending his 2 week vacation in his apartment instead of Venice, Italy (that is where I wanted to go.) Anytime you want to trade me you let me know. I am completely calling you the winner, here. I just signed up for OKCupid. Maybe that will help. What also helps is that on any given day when I get one of these frames I already have ALL the other parts to build build it under several different themes. I am in the process of getting back to the basics and have been selling/donating/and tossing out things.

- by Gigmata

image.jpg
I finally got my Felt 1903 in riding condition today, this thing rides nice with the nexus 3-speed and Felt 24" wheels with Basman Project 346 tires. Maybe a layback seat post may be in store soon. Not sorry I acquired this thing!

Latest posts

Back