FATRAT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Before
IMGA0216.jpg

After
IMGA0312.jpg

IMGA0347.jpg

IMGA0311.jpg

IMGA0341.jpg

IMGA0330.jpg

IMGA0326.jpg

IMGA0304.jpg

IMGA0305.jpg

IMGA0357.jpg

IMGA0349.jpg

IMGA0318.jpg

IMGA0323.jpg

OK, I'd better clear something up.......a friend of mine looked at this pic and asked if it was some sort of statement against fixie riders or alleycatters.........I said, "Huh???". it was meant to be a funny spoke card for a faux alleycat ......referring to the name of the bike "FATRAT", and the fact that rats and cats generally don't get on. So no hidden agenda, just a warped sense of humour (mine :mrgreen:). Sorry if I offended any fixie riders/alleycatters. I ride a fixie too :eek: .
IMGA0321.jpg

IMGA0365.jpg

Very clean...I like how you did the forks in order to allow for the fat tires. Nice

Good to see you taking safety precautions wearing that helmet but didn't you worry about your toes?
; - b

I usually don't like fat tires upfront, but this is on helluva cool looking bike my friend! Ofcourse I'm biased. Making a cool ride out of an uncool frame is the way to go! I love the black against the orange. Oh and I'd like to see a racingseat way up high on this build sometime...

Thanks herr_rudolf. Don't you like my safety boots? :wink: I usually wear shoes when riding......I only did a couple of passes past my house so my wife could take a riding pic. The law here in Oz says we must wear helmets. Besides that, I like my head too much (as rough as it is :) ).

That is one bad a-- lookin bike!.........I like bad a--

simple and clean.
i like your style.

KOTA said:
That is one bad beep lookin bike!.........I like bad beep

Thanks KOTA. On Saturday afternoon, I took it for a ride after fitting a sealed BB, and rode past a group of cyclists prepping for a road race........I heard a guy say "What the beep is that"? His friend replied "I dunno, but it's a bad beep lookin' thing"!.......so..........Mission Accomplished!
The bonus is, it rides so nice. I've put a lot of miles on it since Saturday and it's real sweet to ride. The BB is getting smoother and the chainwheel and chain have just about lost the brand new sound. I'm a happy RatRodder :D .

roadmaster said:
wow, what a difference! absolutly dig the color and it makes me wanna get started on my own orange project bike (93 westport). mean and clean! check out them crazy tire clearances!

N8NBOX said:
love the colors and simplicity of it and the faux fixie cards are an awesome touch.

blink said:
simple and clean.
i like your style.

Thanks for the kind comments. I wasn't real sure about the color initially. It was a little brighter than I expected, but I'm getting used to it, and it sure does stand out!
The faux fixie/alleycat cards were a last minute idea, and I wasn't even going to post the pics, but I'm glad I did now.

Bonzer ripper dute mate cracker digger, lets throw a few shrimp on the barbie and enjoy the bike with a few XXXX. Great job nice to see that from the flames comes a fire ball of a bike, cool to take a stranded bike and make it cool, well done old chap :D 8) :lol:

Wow! The bike you started with had really hidden how nice that frame could look, but you brought it out!! Great job! :D

herr_rudolf said:
Good to see you taking safety precautions wearing that helmet but didn't you worry about your toes?
; - b

I usually don't like fat tires upfront, but this is on helluva cool looking bike my friend! Ofcourse I'm biased. Making a cool ride out of an uncool frame is the way to go! I love the black against the orange. Oh and I'd like to see a racingseat way up high on this build sometime...

Just for you, herr_rudolf :) . I had a 20 mile ride on this yesterday with the tires pumped up and the seat up (that's why I fitted a quick release seat clamp :wink: ).
IMGA0371.jpg

this bike is so cool tuff and mean looking I am glad you kept it simple and let the tires and paint do the talking
also I think that herr-rudolf has a great point with the seat up it my actually look better great build enjoy it!
bean said:
Just for you, herr_rudolf :) . I had a 20 mile ride on this yesterday with the tires pumped up and the seat up
IMGA0371.jpg

Latest posts

Back