Fat Fink II - Bye Bye Fatty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fat Fink II - RIDES AGAIN - 2 Foot Apes

Very cool - glad this one was in better shape than your first. It seems like they got their act together a lot more with this "second batch".
BTW - all Electra comfort seats squeak. Ridiculous, but true. Take it off and lightly grease every spot that touches anything else. I've had to do that with all of mine (I think I have 7 Electras), and with normal riding, it'll keep away the squeaks for at least a year or so.

kingfish254 said:
I thought I was going to be able to let this was sit around, but I should have known better. It was stinking up the office, so I took it home.

They definitely have more grease in the second wave Beasts, but I still wiped it out and re-greased everything myself.

I put the 32T crank on and it made a big difference. I don't think I will bother with the rear cog.

I put my 24" apehanger on this and I love them on here!!!! I have the Rat Fink seat up about 3 inches higher than I need, so I can't touch the ground at a stop without stepping off the seat. But the ride at this height is perfect leg extension and perfect height for the apes too. The Rat Fink seat is super comfy, but man does it squeak and squeal.

There was still some daylight left so I threw on some lights and went for a photo ride. Here you go.

What length crank arms do you have on that 32T crank set?

I can't remember, but they were the same length as the stock ones.

H&E, Thanks for the squeaky seat tips and info.

The weather was perfect today, so I sprayed the seat parts with lithium grease and went for a ride.

Fat Fink II is definitely a fan with the tourists. One wanted to take a photo, so I got her to use my camera as well.

This is the sweet Columbia in the background

Went down to River Street. It was fun riding it down the cobblestone ramp.

I wonder if the bike fell in if the tires would let it float?

WWII Memorial

It was a perfect day for a ride. I probably won't do anything more to Fat Fink until after BO8. I plan to paint the rims orange at some point and probably get an orange chain. I also have some RF stickers and such that will go on at some point. I would also like to do some "MO FATTA MO BETTA" tire lettering.

kingfish254 said:
I would also like to do some "MO FATTA MO BETTA" tire lettering.
That would be the perfect finishing touch! :wink:

Luke.

nice pictures - great looking day for a ride!

That seat you added with the green flames is a really good look. Wallmart should spec those seats instead.

rick

rickpaulos said:
That seat you added with the green flames is a really good look. Wallmart should spec those seats instead.

Not much chance of that. It's an Electra Rat Fink saddle.

C'mon. Most wally bikes copy others' style. I'm not saying it would be the same but a super cheap copy.

Re: Fat Fink II gets some culture Sidewalk Chalk Arts Festival

VERY PIC HEAVY

This past Saturday the art college (SCAD) held their annual Sidewalk Arts Festival where the students get one or more sidewalk squares in Forsyth Park and some sidewalk chalk. It was a gorgeous day so I took Fat Fink II down to the park (5 blocks) to get some culture. It's pretty amazing what some of these kids do.

Came across this giant of a man and he just had to try out a bike that was "just his size". He had a blast with it and his wife and daughter where snapping up photos and laughing. Look how normal FFII looks next to him!

Another Beast

This Time Mag was amazing. A bunch of alumni did this at a crisscross intersection. The face is a mix of 6 or so Men of the Years.

Check out how tiny this little dog is! The owners tried to place him in the wheel like he was a hamster.

Cardboard furniture

Nothing beats so good ole C&H

It's not a flying eyeball but close enough for a Fink

One of my favorites

This one was very cool too

Gangnam Style

Some inspriation for FireWing

I probably posted most of the photos, but here is the slideshow link
:arrow: http://s914.photobucket.com/user/kingfi ... Art%202013

Great event. Perfect day to take the Goose out. Thanks for posting.

It's amazing just how much attention these bikes draw.

The sad part is that after having one for about a month now....the wheels seem normal to me. :lol:

Rat Rod said:
The sad part is that after having one for about a month now....the wheels seem normal to me. :lol:

And how the 26 x 2.125 "fat" beach cruiser tires on most of my other bikes look like scrawny, skinny roadie tires now! :shock: :?

They should change the name of Thick Bricks to Skinny Mortars.

Kingfish, good to see a real report on the Wally-gooser fat bike. The cross threaded BB and no grease doesn't surprise me.
We get brand new bikes from big box stores brought to our shop every week with issues like this.
Nice to see our fellow fat bruthas are getting the love with this new category on RRB!

Re: Fat Fink II - 05/11 another Savannah Ride

Took a break from FireWIng on Saturday and took Fat Fink II out for a ride since the weather was so nice.

One of many tourists that I have let ride or take photos on FFII

Latest posts

Back