False start moped-X

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I call this the false start because I started with a bike I thought would be a good starting point. I was wrong, I ended up throwing most of it away. :roll: But at least it gave me the original idea. Most of the frame is homebuilt including the head tube. I'm running sealed bearings in the head tube. The rear suspension is all homebuilt from dom tubing. The tank is an old Honda tank I am cutting to size. The wheels and tires are from a Tomos moped. It will be also be running a Tomos moped engine.

It may take a while but It's coming along, it got pushed back by last years build off, but I'm going to work on this one this year.

Rg

LukeTheJoker said:
Cool start! You should have massive range using that tank with a little moped motor!

Luke.

You should have seen it before I narrowed and sectioned it! I still need to weld in the tunnel and mounts. Then I will coat the inside of it with Caswells epoxy tank sealer.

Still trying to decide if I want to go cafe racer or vintage style (old DKW style). Maybe a mix of the 2.

Rg

Latest posts

Back