Fall Photo Contest Submission Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Here is the spot guys. Post up your best photo or two taken in the month of October. Only rule is no real editing allowed, other than a crop or exposure adjust. This isn't meant to be a Photoshop contest. :)

Let's see what you got!!

Well, let's get this show on the road...

A couple from my (mostly) annual Cochetopa Hills fall camping trip:

Me riding my Tennessee Walking Horse at an October trail ride.

Club%20ride%20018_zpsgvyblyu5.jpg

Jane,
The breed is called walking horse due to the smooth running walk gait. He is actually quite fast and a comfortable ride.
:)

Jane,
The breed is called walking horse due to the smooth running walk gait. He is actually quite fast and a comfortable ride.
:)
I actually Googled and read about them. Known for their gaited walk. I also read about the practice of soring in those horses for show. Horrible :( Anyway,your horse has a pretty mane. :)

Jane, Soring is an awful practice. It is a black mark against the TWHBEA organization and those that practice it.
The thing is they are beautiful animals and most are born with a wonderful way of going - naturally gaited. :)
We don't have any connection with the organization or go to their shows, actually have adopted most of our horses - our best horse is an older mare her registration papers are long lost, previous owner abandoned her at a boarding stable. :(
468c3cea-68e6-441b-894f-84c81b9ff63c_zpsy3eq96vw.jpg

Luckily, we saw her on C/L the owners of the stable were looking to rehome her.
She is wonderful, healthy and enjoying trail rides. As you can see, my wife took this pic and while she is doing the "running walk". Her body stretches out, and her front legs lift and extend as well as her head "bobs". She is moving fast at this pace and smooth as well.
If you compare her natural stride to a sored "show" horse you can see how the methods exagerate the "action". :eek:
twh-cruelty.jpg

Thank you for commenting and sorry for the long winded response. :soapbox:

I'm actually glad to turn this into a teachable moment re: the Tennessee Waking Horse. They are great horses who have had a few nasty people ruin the reputation of the breed in public.

I had a biz trip to St. Louis in mid October. Here is the sunrise photo I took of the Arch from my hotel room.

WP_20151016_06_42_36_Pro.jpg

The only other cool photo that I have from October is this one of VerBoten in front of Bobbie's Diner

WP_20151018_15_48_52_Pro (2).jpg

I took this one a few weeks back. Not entirely happy with the lighting, but couldn't manage to make the sky around the cupola alone just a little brighter.

I really like the angle of the fence and the cloudy sky. It gives the pic a bit of an ominous feeling to it. Its spooky. Very fitting for an October picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back