Etrike...Islndr102/Skipton/XC204/Oldgreaser/Ratina Stolen!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Islndr102 Skipton and myself are at the start of an electric assist trike using Islndr102's Worksman trike, a Merida Pc 500 elecrtic assist bike that I bought from a friend as seen in my fresh finds post:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38033
Skipton has the front end (its a folder) and wheels I have the rear end With Islndr102 on design up in Old Milwakee..[

Re: Etrike...Islndr102/Skipton/XC204...Worksman

Skipton and XC204 are blessings. Here is the before trike...can't wait until the reveal...

182767_10150136301411197_582271196_7781811_5098118_n.jpg

CodenameElectrictrike004.jpg

Xc204 and I went to Milwaukee for the pick up
I have this 7up cooler for the "basket"
CodenameElectrictrike003.jpg

CodenameElectrictrike002.jpg

loaded and ready to drive to Chicago

CodenameElectrictrike005.jpg

The rear of the trike going to the Suburbs with Xc204
CodenameElectrictrike008.jpg

The parts that stayed with me
CodenameElectrictrike010.jpg

pics of donor bike

dscf2464u.jpg

dscf2470s.jpg

Some of the "Chicago Ride" guys have all ready said they could help with parts and time if needed

I am looking forward to getting this do for Islndr102

lots more to come!

Nice! glad to see the idea I had was a good choice lol

Great minds think alike I think?

Hey Gary...which would work better, the laid back seat post or a straight seat post raised higher? Since I'm a fairly heavy guy, the cooler/battery and me may put too much weight on the rear, I may pop wheelies all day. Or would the 20" front wheel make more sense as far as the front end being closer to the ground. Or...I can add a front basket and so when I ride, I can fill it up to weigh it down like this...

IMG_0034-1.jpg

I think it wouldn't matter which post the motor weight is forward of the crank and I'lll put the battery weight as close to the axle as I can so I think it will not matter. That trike is cool I saw it the other day.Looking like you may need a new axle let you know in a few days.

Don't You Mock Me Boy!!!! got a little done tonight may have to jackshaft at crank for chain line oh well it will fill the hole!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bought some steel for motor mount and got 3 free taillights off of the "free exchange table" that I set up at work a few years ago. same place I got 2 NOS in box dual beam bullet headlights last year. Hows the front end comming Skipton? any new Ideas Islnder102?

hey guys...how's the progress? what do you guys think of rear fenders? the rear of the fenders could be duck tailed w/signal lights flushed inside.

I have been home for two days with a Sinus Infection :cry: .....been doing lots of sleeping

I hope to figure out what size spokes I will need for the drum hub on the 26" wheel

Haven't looked at the fork yet...

I will keep you posted

Thanks Skip

Bought some more steel and started on the motor mount/subframe cut out thre offending parts will mount the folderhinge to the mtr mount.

:D :D :D

I was hoping to keep that on. Linda likes the springer look.

Did a little welding on the mtr mount after doing woodworking all day.

Got in a little mill time after work. need to make 2 side plates for the 2x2x 1/8 wall sq tube that the motor
mounting bolts will go through. then weld it up. Its not at the right angle in photo will mate up to seat tube and chain stays mounting side plates will gussit up the chain stay to mtr mount tube.

Why are we building this trike?......

As some of you already know islnder102 (Gerry) new guy from Milwaukee viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32467&p=317037#p317037

Came out with his trike for the February ride. He was not able to get his legs to finish the ride in fact he had to turn around and get his truck and meet us at Cycle Smithy

Then Gary had this Idea....

XC204 said:
Hey Skip what would you think about doing an "OverHauling" job on Islander' trike I think I can get an electric assist bike for 50.00 what a friend paid for it and never rode it. We could fix it up so he wouldn't have such a hard time of it. If you think this might work let me know.
Gary

I Thought this was a great idea!
I was not able to come up with a plan of how to "steal" Gerry's Trike to do a proper "Overhaulin" on it.
So Gary and I let Gerry know what we wanted to do

Gerry was all for the Electric Trike Overhaul!

Hope this answers some questions

Skip

Looks like Oldgreaser is going to jump in on paint and uppolstery welcome aboard Rick. On my end I got a little done this morning till I ran out of gas for the tig. had to grind out a weld that i jumped the gun on also.

Latest posts

Back